Representing the company to customers, Responsible for achieving annual territory sales targets through sustainable and consultative account management and maintaining an awareness of business and competitive trading environment.
• Achieving and exceeding annual sales targets across each profit centre, contributing to the overall revenue and profit objectives of the business division
• Plans, schedules and carries out regular sales visits to customers to achieve financial targets within own sales region across product portfolio, customizing sales documentation and tools to maximize sales opportunities.
• Cultivate strong, holistic relationships with the customer base, working to ensure that trading with each account is sustainable, profitable and delivering a high level of customer satisfaction
• Report periodically to the manager on sales progress and the business environment, this ensuring responsiveness to both the micro and macro trading conditions.
• Collects and disseminates market, and customers feedback, including passing one leads where the customer and business would be better served by a different T&F channel/offering.
• Establish a strategic approach to the short medium and long-term business on territory, to ensure that activity is both relevant and flexible to the evolving trading environment over time.
• Prepares for, attends, and contributes to sales meetings and events to build strategic awareness and to gather market relevant intelligence.
• Actively liaise with stakeholder departments or groups within the business to enhance T&F’s coverage of the territory-includes credit control, editorial, marketing and sales support
• Selection and adaptation of sales materials, analytics and catalogues for regular customer visits.
Knowledge and Qualifications
• Experience over 3 years of working in a sales environment with an understanding of the demands placed on sales and the support needs of a sales team.
• Knowledge of the academic publishing industry
• Competent user of core Ms office package.
• Experience with CRM software
Skills and Behaviours Required:
• Ability to work independently and pro-actively, with awareness of when to need to delegate tasks
• Consultative sales skills and a customer focused approach
• Willingness to travel extensively on territory and to conferences, as required by the company.
• Target driven approach and the skills to manage sales budgets
• Consultative sales skills and the ability to influence
• Strong presentation skills
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careersInforma is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.