The Assistant Company Secretarial reports directly to the Deputy Company Secretary within the Group Legal/Company Secretariat Department.
The Assistant Company Secretarial role has a varied remit to support the Secretariat team in delivering a pro-active, professional company secretariat and corporate governance service to the Board of Directors, the Group’s subsidiaries and the wider business. The position would require deputising for the Senior Assistant Company Secretary where appropriate and therefore requires someone who is willing to take on responsibility and work autonomously.
- Providing a full governance and secretarial service to the Group in accordance with its articles, the UKLA Listing Rules, the Companies Acts, the Market Abuse Regulation and any other relevant legislation or regulation
- Providing listed Company support including maintenance of restricted or insider lists, dividend documentation, regulatory announcements and major interests in shares
- Support the Senior Assistant Company Secretary with the delivery of the Annual General Meeting, and other general meetings as appropriate, including the preparation and production of shareholder mailings
- Assisting the Deputy Company Secretary and Senior Assistant Company Secretary in drafting the governance element of the Annual Report
- Responsible for Group UK subsidiary filings with Companies House, updating Blueprint, paper statutory records and processing subsidiary statutory accounts
- Managing relationships with contacts and external service providers for all nonUK subsidiaries and providing documentation as requested
- Work with the Company Secretarial Assistant to update and maintain the Group Structure Chart
- Assisting with Corporate Projects as required including any post acquisition tasks
- Dealing with other adhoc requirements, including drafting minutes and related documentation and liaising with professional advisors including notaries
- Assist with the collation and distribution of Board packs and maintaining the Board Portal (Diligent)
- Liaising with the Registrars on all aspects of shareholder correspondence
- Reporting line / information of direct reports
- Any other relevant duties
What we’re looking for
- ICSA qualified with listed company experience
- Good working knowledge of Companies Act 2006, Listing and Disclosure & Transparency Rules, Bribery Act, Market Abuse Regulations.
- Understanding of the needs of the company secretarial function of an international Group
- Commercial & business awareness.
- Experience of using Company Secretarial software (ideally BluePrint and Diligent);
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook). Knowledge of Visio would be beneficial;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels;
- Confident, approachable and professional manner;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and able to prioritise appropriately;
- Flexible and hands-on approach to duties with keen eye for detail
- Good team player.
- Professional approach
What’s in it for you
This is an ideal development opportunity within a FTSE 50 company, providing varied corporate action experience, the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and to interact with Head Office functions and the various Divisions.