The combination of IHS Markit’s TMT capabilities with those of Ovum, Heavy Reading and Tractica has created a world class global technology data and research business that is complemented by a world-leading portfolio of over 100 event brands, a library of digital publications and a broad base of training solutions.
Our combined research organisation now has over 400 analysts and consultants, is truly global with an enhanced presence in Asia and North America and our expanded portfolio of data and research services means we can add even more value by providing answers to our customers’ most challenging strategic and operational questions.
Informa Tech are looking for a Sales Manager to drive the IHS Markit product suit across the DACH region. The Sales Manager will develop and manage relationships with key assigned clients by providing in depth market analysis and research material to the relevant Top Tier Clients within the Semiconductor, Electronics, Healthcare and Industrial industries. In this role, the Sales Manager will be responsible for achieving specific Renewal and Sales/Upsell targets, managing a geographic territory plan, and prospecting and developing sales at new clients for Informa Tech Research, including Technology, Media, and Telecommunications (TMT) products.
- Managing and developing a key account strategy and holistic sales territory plan in conjunction with the Sales Director
- Ensuring successful client retention and renewal rate for existing account base; including setting expectations, changing needs assessments, and negotiating and processing contracts.
- Establishing deep relationships at executive level in major functional areas of the customer organization, utilising this to develop strong revenue growth initiatives for all Insight products within assigned account base
- Following up on all inbound client inquiries to uncover new and expanding opportunities within client base
- Prospecting, presenting to, and closing on new sales opportunities
- Accurately forecasting expected sales and cancellations to Sales Manager on a monthly basis
- Demonstrating an understanding of each client’s specific needs, role and use of our products; provide them with appropriate training and customer service to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction
- Developing a thorough understanding of all Insight products/services, and ensure clients are accessing all the solutions that meet their business requirements
- Working with TMT R&A team to support current customer needs and proactively develop new entries with TMT Products and Custom projects
- Providing ongoing product feedback from clients to Sales Manager and Product Managers
- Maintaining an awareness of, and participating in all relevant training for, new products and capabilities across Informa Tech (research, events, training and media content)
- Continuous learning and market understanding of the TMT industry, and Informa Tech’s competitor landscape
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Significant experience selling within a b2b environment, demonstrable product experience with data, consulting, software, business solutions or high-tch hardware
- Track record of developing account and territory plans to achieve penetration and grow revenue.
- Proven ability to develop effective sales strategies and win new business
- Exceptional communication skills, able to influence and build credibility when communicating, prospecting or presenting to diverse populations within a client organisation
- Internal stakeholder management skills, able to work autonomously and be a highly effective team player who can collaborate with colleagues and management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and previous experience using a Sales CRM tool
- Ability to travel both internationally and locally up to 50% of the time