Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, UBM Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
What we’re looking for:
- The Account Executive, NEX Sales is responsible for revenue generation in the area of non-exhibitor (NEX) sponsorship sales across all existing and future Informa Fashion events…as well as both exhibitor and NEX media sales against the Mobile App currently developed for both the MAGIC and Coterie Marketplaces.
- This role will execute sales to customers dependent on the market and brand context. The role will focus most specifically on securing sponsorship revenue, primarily across the NEX categories of “fashion service providers”, representing a wide range of companies that serve the fashion industry through finance, POS and inventory technology, retail payment services, B2B buying services and the like. However, the Account Executive will have clearance to pursue additional prospects across all relevant categories of B2B and B2C brands interested in engaging a vast community of professionals living a fashion & style-focused lifestyle.
- In addition, this role will oversee day-to-day media and sponsorship sales of the MAGIC Mobile App and Coterie Mobile App. Account Executive will engage both exhibitors and non-exhibitors to generate App media and sponsorship sales, and work closely with both distinct show teams and central marketing to insure broad communication of App sales opportunities. Account Executive will serve as the point person on Mobile App contract closures and asset accumulation associated with Mobile App advertising…and coordinate with Sales Operations to insure proper contract processing and invoicing.
- The Account Executive role will involve a combination of internal and external sales activities, meeting customers face to face and attending shows, and will sell to both existing and new-business customers . Their performance will be evaluated based on retention and growth of these accounts, as well as ambitious prospecting, pipeline development and creative ingenuity in developing sponsorship and activation programs that serve to add value and profile to Informa Fashion events while meeting the marketing and communication goals of NEX clients.
- The Account Executive will have the opportunity to develop awareness of the fashion industry while building greater insight over time. Further show brand and industry expertise will be developed by collaborating with individual show sales and experiential marketing teams. Maintaining and strengthening the relationship throughout the year is an important focus, to develop an understanding of the customers’ needs and expectations from their marketing and sponsorship presence at the event. You will understand the customers’ needs and articulate a compelling value proposition as part of the sale. The role will be housed in our Manhattan offices.
Role accountability and duties:
- Sell sponsorship programs within Informa Fashion Events, consisting of both media and marketing activations, to new and existing NEX customers through focused prospecting, development of client contacts, outreach through written, voice and face-to-face engagement, effective closing and quality customer service practices.
- Execute sponsorship sales against assigned fashion service-provider category of prospects, against shows, marketplaces and Mobile App revenue targets, in line with sales plan
- Drive sales and sales marketing efforts across both exhibitors and non-exhibitors relative to media and sponsorship sales associated with Mobile App product.
- Oversee inventory and revenue management of Mobile App products, as well as broad and specific client outreach and communication about various Mobile App products and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Exhibitor Marketing teams, Show Sales Teams, Show Experiential Marketing Teams to help generate leads and activities for both Mobile App sales and in capturing support, approvals and cooperation behind NEX integration of sponsorship programs
- Keep President, New Business informed of the customer pipeline and critical information through accurate use of Salesforce
- Maintain accurate exhibitor information in salesforce
- Manage the hand-over of Sale information and customer requirements (via Salesforce) to the Sales Operations team
- Maintain accurate pipeline, sales activity and customer information within Salesforce (CRM system)
- Build industry specific and product knowledge, reading industry research and monitoring sponsorship activities and developments across other competitive and non-competitive shows
- Support Finance/Billers in resolving bad debt customers as a final escalation point as well as helping to collect deposits or balances
- Create new business opportunities through lead entry and lead research via internet and social media
- Manage and create sales reports via salesforce as well as excel
As an Account Executive, you will be evaluated on:
- Account Executive revenue targets associated with both NEX sponsorship sales and exhibitor/NEX Mobile App sales
- Individual performance metrics
- Number of pipeline opportunities
- Percent of sales target attained
- Number of new business referrals/lead generation
- Individual sales activity metrics
- Customer contact and relationship building
- Sales process and technology adoption metrics
- Key Salesforce system adoption metrics
- Sales Excellence pipeline process adoption
- New sales support through lead entry and research
- Creativity in development of sponsorship and activation programs
- Working relationships with various sales and marketing show teams
What you bring to the team:
- University Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years’ experience on a B2B or B2C sales team, preferably with trade-or-consumer digital media, venue or organizational sponsorship sales, with a preferred background in engaging advertising/sponsorship agencies or through direct client contact.
- Experience managing multiple customers and maintaining high energy sales
- Relationship management experience including maintaining customer connection and communication
- Ability to identify and pursue cross and up selling opportunities
- Ability to ask probing questions in order to proactively handle and respond to customer objections
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills, high level of passion and enthusiasm for the job
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.