Informa’s Fashion Portfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, FN PLATFORM and CHILDREN'S CLUB. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic shows will translate into stronger shows for buyers and brands and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised shows, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.
Uniting the most influential fashion retail decision makers and the world’s top fashion brands, UBM Fashion serves the $1 trillion+ global fashion industry through comprehensive marketplaces in New York, Las Vegas and Japan. Our events cover all major fashion categories from men’s, women’s, and children’s apparel, accessories, and footwear to manufacturing resources and service providers.
What we’re looking for:
- The Business Development Manager, NEX Sponsorship & Sales is responsible for revenue generation in the area of non-exhibitor (NEX) sponsorship sales across all existing and future Informa Fashion events.
- This role will execute sales to customers dependent on the market and brand context. The role will focus most specifically on securing sponsorship revenue, with a primary focus on securing non-endemic consumer brands interested in engaging and activating brand messaging and media to a vast community of professional/managerial consumers with an affluent fashion-focused lifestyle. The Business Development Manager will work closely with both the President, New Business…but also with Informa Corporate Sponsorship Sales to integrate the fashion division and properties into broader corporate NEX sponsorship packages. Consumer brand categories include but are not limited to automotive, financial & insurance, health & ,beauty, digital services & products, mobile services, entertainment, digital markets, retail, liquor & spirits, non-alcoholic beverages, food, home goods etc.
- In addition, this role will involve itself in media and sponsorship sales of the MAGIC Mobile App, Coterie Mobile App and other event onsite media products as media-driven elements within broader consumer brand sponsorship packages.
- The Business Development Manager role will involve a combination of internal and external sales activities, meeting customers face to face, attending competitive and non-competitive shows, and will sell primarily to new-business customers . Overall performance will be evaluated based on growth of new business accounts, as well as ambitious prospecting, pipeline development and creative ingenuity in developing sponsorship and activation programs that serve to add value and profile to Informa Fashion events while meeting the marketing and communication goals of NEX clients.
- The Business Development Manager will have the opportunity to develop awareness of the fashion industry while building greater insight over time. Further show brand and industry expertise will be developed by collaborating with individual show sales and experiential marketing teams. Maintaining and strengthening the relationship throughout the year is an important focus, to develop an understanding of the customers’ needs and expectations from their marketing and sponsorship presence at the event. You will understand the customers’ needs and articulate a compelling value proposition as part of the sale. The role will be housed in our Manhattan offices.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Develop and sell sponsorship programs within Informa Fashion Events, consisting of both media and marketing activations, to new NEX customers through focused prospecting, development of client contacts, outreach through written, voice and face-to-face engagement, effective closing and quality customer service practices.
- Execute sponsorship sales against a broad range of consumer product categories and brands against shows, marketplaces and Mobile App revenue targets, in line with sales plan
- Drive sales and sales marketing efforts across consumer-oriented non-exhibitors relative to media and sponsorship sales associated with Mobile App product.
- Through prospecting and market research, develop account targets, engage advertising and sponsorship agency contacts
- Collaborate with Exhibitor Marketing teams, Show Sales Teams, Show Experiential Marketing Teams to help generate activation concepts while gaining support, approvals and cooperation behind NEX integration of sponsorship programs
- Keep President, New Business informed of the customer pipeline and critical information through accurate use of Salesforce
- Maintain accurate exhibitor information in salesforce
- Manage the hand-over of Sale information and customer requirements (via Salesforce) to the Sales Operations team
- Maintain accurate pipeline, sales activity and customer information within Salesforce (CRM system)
- Build industry specific and product knowledge, reading industry research and monitoring sponsorship activities and developments across other competitive and non-competitive shows, venues, festivals etc.
- Create new business opportunities through lead entry and lead research via internet and social media
- Manage and create sales reports via salesforce as well as excel
As a Business Development Manager you will be evaluated on:
- Specific revenue targets associated with both NEX sponsorship sales and NEX Mobile App sales
- Individual performance metrics
- Number of pipeline opportunities
- Percent of sales target attained
- Number of new business referrals/lead generation
- Individual sales activity metrics
- Customer contact and relationship building
- Sales process and technology adoption metrics
- Key Salesforce system adoption metrics
- Sales Excellence pipeline process adoption
- New sales support through lead entry and research
- Creativity in development of sponsorship and activation programs
- Working relationships with various sales and marketing show teams
What you bring to the team:
- University Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience on a B2B or B2C sales team, preferably with trade-or-consumer digital media, venue or organizational sponsorship sales, with a preferred background in engaging advertising/sponsorship agencies or through direct client contact.
- Experience managing multiple customers and maintaining high energy sales
- Relationship management experience including maintaining customer connection and communication
- Ability to identify and pursue cross and up selling opportunities
- Ability to ask probing questions in order to proactively handle and respond to customer objections
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills, high level of passion and enthusiasm for the job
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.