MARKETING DIRECTOR | San Francisco, New York, or remote (US only)
The Marketing Director will work across the Enterprise IT portfolio to develop event and media positioning, messaging, manage audience marketing programs, and execute successful marketing plans based upon a clear understanding of the needs of target audience segments for Interop, Dark Reading, InformationWeek, ITPro Today, Network Computing, Data Center World, Data Center Knowledge, AFCOM and related brands serving the Enterprise IT industry.
In this role you will:
- Work with the General Manager, Editors and Content Directors, sales team, PR team and partners to develop strategy, positioning and key messages for media and event properties
- Manage marketing team
- Increase audience lists and revenue by building and executing strategic audience development programs
- Expand audience development opportunities by creating and managing programs with media partners, industry leaders, bloggers, associations, speakers and exhibitors
- Develop marketing automation strategy including personas, segmentation, landing pages, lead scoring, customer journeys, and nurture campaigns
- Regularly review marketing plans, response rates, audience demographics, and industry best practices to ensure marketing efforts are effective, efficient and successful, making recommendations and adjustments as appropriate
- Manage community building and social media strategies that drive engagement, interaction, brand affinity, and improve the audience experience
- Manage content marketing strategy including websites, blogs, gated reports, video, email, and images, and ensure communications across channels accurately reflect positioning and key messaging
- Execute audience research programs and provide relevant data and analysis to be used in marketing, sales and content development
- Work with digital marketing team to plan and execute PPC and social ad campaigns
- Liaison with data, segmentation, email delivery, reporting, and event app teams to support marketing initiatives
- Consult and coordinate with operations team to ensure feasibility and execution of onsite event marketing deliverables
- Implement initiatives to enhance attendee experience at events including attendee orientation, VIP programs, matchmaking, signage, maps, mobile app, and overall experience design
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the Enterprise IT community, experiential marketing and strategic marketing communications
- Additional responsibilities as appropriate
What you need to succeed:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and interest in the Enterprise IT and tech market preferred
- Experience in live event and media marketing required
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Experience managing and motivating a successful team
- Track record of success in meeting or exceeding goals by utilizing traditional, online and social media marketing strategies
- Experience working with and managing social media platforms and tools—Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, YouTube, etc.
- Experience and comfort with data capture and analysis, database marketing and research
- Self-motivated with ability to work with multiple teams and take direction from multiple individuals and outside partners
- Ability to balance tactical executional requirements with high-level strategic thinking
- Experience working with email service providers (preferably Eloqua)
- Proficient in working with PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- BA/BS required
- Some travel required
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance Paid parental leave Volunteer days