Barbour ABI is the market leading provider of UK construction intelligence services, with offices in Central London, Cheltenham and Cheshire. With more than 80 years’ experience, our in-house team of research specialists and a dedicated economics team provide commercially relevant insight and unique analysis of trends and developments within the building and construction industry. Barbour ABI is the chosen provider of Construction New Orders estimates data to the Office for National Statistics and partner of the Government’s Infrastructure and Projects Authority in providing the National Infrastructure and Construction Pipeline.
Barbour ABI is part of Informa, a leading international events and intelligence group and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.
We are looking for a Telephone Researcher to join our Research team at Barbour ABI. Primarily this role consists of researching current construction projects to a high level using the telephone, internet and other communication sources to generate opportunities for our customers.
The ideal candidate would be an excellent communicator, with an efficient and polite phone manner. You must also have the ability to listen to, absorb and interpret information. Good written and verbal communication skills are also crucial, as is the ability to be flexible to adjust to fluctuating workloads.
- Collecting construction intelligence from industry professionals about forthcoming construction projects they are involved with
- Using planning applications and other sources to generate construction opportunities for our customers
- Using internal CRM systems to enter gathered construction intelligence
- Interacting directly with customers through our internal CRM systems to answer queries on project information
- Managing your own workload to ensure project information is current, accurate and delivered in a timely manner to meet department expectations
- Achieving KPI targets around project volume, quality of data gathered and call time and dials
- Liaising with other colleagues within the business
- Building relationships with contacts within the construction industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Dependable – takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Strong planning, organisation and time management skills
- Determined to exceed targets and objections
This is not an exhaustive list and merely outlines the key duties of the role. Other tasks may be required.
Company benefits include:
- Flexible working hours
- Workplace pension scheme
- Share match scheme
- Reward Gateway
- Childcare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Learning & Development
What you can expect from us
- A FTSE100 company with a start-up ethos
- An adaptable working environment with flexible hours
- Open plan, flat structure, high-trust meritocracy
- Opportunities to grow and develop
- The chance to make a real impact
What we expect from you
- You think big and get the details right
- You thrive on new challenges and opportunities
- You take responsibility and get the job done
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin