Senior Principal Analyst – Media and Entertainment - Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Principal Analyst, Media and Entertainment will be responsible for leading the media research strategy in the US. In this role, you will be representing the research and analysis across media and entertainment including video, cinema, games, advertising, channels, programming and consumer devices and usage. The Senior Principal Analyst’s position will involve developing deep client relationships across the media and entertainment industry, and you will be expected to present research at IHS Markit and industry conferences and events.
Other key parts of this role include writing industry leading research, directing and fulfilling consulting projects, and acting as the main analyst point of contact for US media clients focused on the West coast. Applicant must be based in Los Angeles area
In this role you will:
- Define and lead the US media, entertainment and consumer technology research strategy
- Present research at a senior level to clients and at industry conferences and events
- Lead client consulting projects
- Create industry leading research content that will engage and attract new clients
- Develop deep client relationships
- Bachelor´s Degree required; Master´s degree or equivalent preferred
- 8 + years of experience and deep knowledge in the media and entertainment industry or in media research.
- Established, strong relationships across the media industry
- The ability to create industry leading reports and analysis
- An analytical mindset, keen attention to details and the ability to deliver high quality analyses to strict deadlines.
- Recognized Thought Leadership content creation
IHS Markit, now part of Informa Tech, is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions.
Informa’s Technology Group provides trusted event and online environments where technology professionals can exchange ideas, connect around compelling market issues, and discover new solutions, products and services. Our 14 annual events are shaping the future of business and technology with the insight, analysis and connections. We proudly serve the following six technology markets through market leading events and digital communities: Enterprise IT, Enterprise Communications, Information Security, IT Service/Support & Contact Center, Game and VR Development, and Content Marketing. Hosting these professional communities are our world-renowned event and media brands that include Black Hat, Game Developers Conference (GDC), Content Marketing World (CMW), Interop, ICMI, Enterprise Connect, Service Management World, XRDC and media brands: InformationWeek, Dark Reading, Networking Computing, Gamasutra, Nojitter, ThinkHDI, ICMI.com and Content Marketing Institute.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
Work- Life Balance
Paid parental leave