Taylor & Francis Group, a leading international academic publishing company, has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager in our Library Marketing team on a maternity cover contract. The Marketing Manager will have responsibility for marketing to librarians within a specified territory, as well as line management responsibility for a team of two.
The Marketing Manager will demonstrate an understanding of their territory's customers in order to create, develop, and implement marketing plans; inform commercial decisions; and work closely with internal stakeholders in other marketing and sales teams and departments.
They will work collaboratively with the Senior Marketing Managers and other Marketing Managers to maintain focus on departmental and team priorities; manage communications across the team; and ensure high performance culture, morale and motivation across the team.
The successful candidate will have a strong customer focus and an excellent knowledge of the academic library market, as well as strong influencing and effective negotiation skills. A natural and adept communicator, you’ll thrive on the challenge of creating new ways to communicate with librarian customers and sharing you and your teams plans, ideas, and results with a range of stakeholders. Collaborative, and with good line management skills, you’ll work to further our objectives, connect with our customers, and increase engagement, leads and positive customer experiences.
- Line manage, coach, and motivate a team of two (including one direct report)
- Collaborate with a range of stakeholders across the department and the business – ensuring transparency and clarity of plans, goals, and progress
- Work closely with colleagues in Sales to understand the library market/territories, generate leads, retain business, increase usage, and win new customers
- Meet all revenue and promotional budget targets
- Plan, coordinate, and implement campaigns to an agreed set of benchmarks, and within agreed budgets, ensuring return on investment
- Investigate and build commercial opportunities
- Undertake, and support, customer and market research through customer visits and conferences feeding outcomes into own plans and those of wider department
- Manage own learning, taking responsibility to identify and develop skills gaps
What we are looking for:
- Relevant marketing and/or experience, with demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Strong commercial and customer awareness
- Effective communication and influencing skills
- Excellent all round marketing skills, with a focus on content and digital
- Supervisory or line management experience is desirable
This position is based at our office in Milton Park, Oxfordshire and is being offered on a maternity cover basis.
In return we offer: 25 days holiday per annum pro rata (3 additional days at Christmas), a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally.