Managing Editor | Remote (US only)
The Managing Editor is responsible for developing and managing a content program that satisfies the professional interests of contact center, customer service, and customer experience professionals. Under the guidance of the Group Content Manager, this individual will be expected to exercise judgment independently to coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts, stakeholders, and sponsors/partners to acquire, execute, and manage content across multiple channels, including web, social, multimedia, and emerging formats.
In this role you will:
- Content Acquisition and Preparation (35%): You will be responsible for soliciting content from subject matter experts and industry thought leaders, evaluating content based on relevance, currency, and suitability for the community, and editing it for clarity, accuracy, consistency, and tone. You’ll collaborate with the Group Content Manager to set the annual editorial calendar and related editorial goals and strategies.
- Content Management and Analysis (20%): You will be responsible for preparing copy for digital publication via the brand website. You will also be responsible for creating or overseeing the creation of accompanying or derivative material (including charts, tables, graphics, etc.). You will use various analytics tools and tracking mechanisms to evaluate the success of the content strategy and optimize the mix of type and volume of content. You will work closely with the Group Content Manager and the Business Systems team to manage and optimize the content and information architecture on the brand website.
- Content Marketing and Distribution (10%): Working closely with the group Marketing team, you will be responsible for maintaining our social platforms and distributing our content via channels that enable us to grow our audience. You will also work closely with the Group Content Manager to develop and execute content marketing initiatives in support of the brand’s lines of business (training, events, consulting, membership, etc.).
- Award and Webinar Program Management (20%): As extensions of the editorial content and contributor acquisition program, you will be responsible for general management of the brand awards and webinar program. As the award program manager, you will work closely with various internal stakeholders and external vendors/sponsors to build out the award program, establish criteria for the award categories, develop evaluation criteria, liaise with external vendors on award materials, and execute the on-site award ceremony and any related recognition events at the annual conferences. As the webinar program manager, you will work closely with the Integrated Project Management team, in consultation with sponsor representatives, to draft abstracts, secure speakers, develop presentation content (including housekeeping/marketing material, core presentation slides, polls, supporting resources, seed questions, etc.), and host the live event.
- Stakeholder Management (15%): You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders, paid freelancers, and volunteer contributors. This includes annual programs like the Top 50 Thought Leaders program and the Featured Contributors program. For both, you will be responsible for conducting outreach, setting deadlines, developing and maintaining supporting materials (onboarding toolkit, submission guidelines, etc.), and executing a recognition plan/strategy to maximize exposure and maintain engagement. Working closely with the group Marketing team, you will be responsible for maintaining our social platforms and distributing our content via channels that enable us to grow our audience. You will also work closely with the Group Content Manager to develop and execute content marketing initiatives in support of the brand’s lines of business (training, events, consulting, membership, etc.).
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant professional experience, ideally in B2B publishing, with a solid understanding of the digital content production process and general online publishing best practices
- Contact center/customer service, support center, and service management market and editorial experience valuable, but not required
- Proven ability to collaborate closely with internal and external teams, including contributors, media contacts, sponsors, and vendors/suppliers
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, dynamic environment with a distributed workforce
- Experience collaborating with teams of individual contributors
- An understanding of social media and its use to promote content
- Strong project management skills
- Strong presentation skills; public-speaking skills valuable, but not required
- Excellent, proactive communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Self-motivated, driven, and open to new challenges
- 10% travel required for industry events and team meetings
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance Paid parental leave Volunteer days
ICMI has been serving the contact center market for over 30 years through industry events, professional training, organizational consulting, and informational resources like research, articles, forums, and blogs. We are 100% focused on improving contact centers and are excited to welcome a new Content Manager who will partner with a passionate and engaged team committed to growing the ICMI community.