Financial Research Assistant| Financial Intelligence, Agoura Hills, CA
This position will research and gather, in a timely and accurate manner, consumer loan product information (such as interest rates and fees) from financial institutions. The Research Assistant is responsible for updating loan data by averaging 50+ calls a day, as well as by researching financial institution websites. They will provide support for all operations within the team, such as performing research for specialty reports, reviewing audits and reports, and contributing to the team’s various performance goals.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for individual achievement of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) objectives
- Complete all assigned loan product data updates for the day
- Review, maintain and update data within the Loan Database
- Check audits daily and report corrections to Assistant Client Relationship Supervisor
- Be available to work on additional projects assigned
- Make appropriate changes to financial institution information (i.e., product name changes, tier changes, mergers, and adding/deleting products).
- Assures all call-sheets, faxes, e-mails, and web sites are filed away by the end of the day.
- Assist the Client Relationship Supervisor in keeping custom reports up-to-date in regards to institution changes, product introductions, product deletions, and new research.
- Research projects. Gather all pertinent information for the research project (i.e. product names, compounding, etc.)
- Provide back-up on rate and product updates for other members of the teams, as well as, other departments.
- Assist other departments when necessary on special projects.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, shares information and ideas with others, and has good listening skills.
- Knows product offerings in order to effectively make successful calls to collect data. Is able to identify if quotes received are accurate.
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet
- Must be detail oriented and organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excel in a deadline oriented environment
- Multi-tasking various projects and assignments
- Excellent customer service skills in person and by phone
- High School diploma required
- 1 year of extensive telephone experience is a plus
- Bank and credit union loan product knowledge is a plus
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
Work- Life Balance Paid parental leave Volunteer days
https://informa.com/divisions/business-intelligence/financial-intelligence/We help customers around the world make well informed investment decisions, understand past trends, forecast future performance, drive profitability, and increase returns. Our leading-edge financial information enables customers to gain a competitive advantage by using our research to make timely business-critical decisions and form effective strategies.
We are a premier data provider for a diverse range of consumer and investment companies globally, serving the following markets:
- Retail Banking
- Investment & Asset Management
- Wealth Management