Account Manager: Informa Tech Data Center Portfolio | Open to Remote Based Workers
Informa is seeking an ambitious Account Manager to join our Informa Tech team within the Data Center Portfolio. The Account Manager will report to Market Leader for Informa Tech and will be responsible for generating new advertising and event sponsorship business for in-person, digital and print products produced under the Data Center World, Data Center Knowledge and AFCOM brands. The Account Manager is responsible for prospecting, selling, and closing business while maintaining customer relationships and developing new opportunities within an assigned territory (primarily via the telephone/email, with some travel required).
In this role you will:
- Develop new accounts through prospecting, cold calling, and responding to inbound leads
- Manage and grow business through renewals, up-selling, and new product offerings
- Conduct extensive follow-up with existing clients to track satisfaction levels; identify and qualify additional opportunities; build and maintain effective, long-term relationships
- Assume a consultative role in assessing and interpreting client needs; offers client effective value propositions to grow and retain business
- Utilize internal company resources, including graphic design, product marketing, and support in order to reach objectives
- Stay up-to-date on the latest competitive information and market trends
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the ad inventory, ad serving capabilities and event opportunities in order to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Forecast type and size of sales on a weekly basis
- Accurately record and track sales interactions with clients and team members into the CRM system.
- Adhere to all company processes
What you'll need to succeed:
- 3+ years sales experience (Internet media sales preferred)
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Adept at cold calling, prospecting, and closing new accounts
- Skilled at growing and maintaining business
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Solid client relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills (especially writing skills)
- Solid computer and Internet skills
- Organizational and process skills
Who we are: Our Data Center World and AFCOM brands are nearly 40 years old and Data Center Knowledge is the last news site of its kind in the industry. And, it’s because of that history that we are uniquely positioned to deliver the spot-on content and vendor solutions that our attendees need. In 2019, we produced 1 large Conference/Tradeshow, 4 Leaders Labs and year-long content delivered digitally to our AFCOM members weekly and our Data Center Knowledge visitors daily. We are a diverse team, which proudly contributes over 100 collective years of experience in producing high-quality events, delivering outstanding customer experiences, and fulfilling the educational needs of our audiences. We work very hard, and we are accountable to each other and to our brands.
Informa Tech is the market-leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the Technology community.
We’re a global business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in 60 markets. Our purpose is to help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world. We do this by informing, educating and connecting the community through our market-leading research, media, training and event brands. Every year, we welcome 2.700+ subscribers to our research, more than 3.8 million unique visitors a month to our digital communities, 42.700+ students to our training programs and 200.000 delegates to our events.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
- 4 weeks parental leave