Job Title: Marketing Automation Specialist
Department: Informa Engage
Reports to: Marketing Automation Manager
The Marketing Automation Specialist, as part of our Marketing Technologist team, is key to our day-to-day maintenance and growth of our marketing automation platform. This role works with marketing, operations, and other technology partners to build a cutting-edge marketing automation platform to support brands for both user and client marketing. They will act as a first line of defense for system support and will be responsible for developing best practices and training peers across marketing with regards to marketing automation capabilities, testing, and projected results. This role requires a good understanding of Web and Web technology (HTML, basic CSS) and a desire to expand their current technical skill-set.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Marketing Automation Maintenance and System Configuration (60%):
- Takes the marketing infrastructure to the next level by maintaining and growing a cutting-edge marketing automation platform and other marketing tools to support brands for both user and client marketing.
- Provides day-to-day marketing automation maintenance and configuration of the systems, as well as act as the first line of defense for system support.
- Partners with marketing and ops to identify and resolve any data, environment, infrastructure or implementation issues.
- Works with technology partners to understand system functionality and roadmaps.
Best Practices and Training (25%):
- Advises on best practices and train marketing peers with regards to marketing automation capabilities.
- Provides documentation and training to end users.
- Routinely audits user best practices to ensure compliance.
Monitoring Deliverability Performance (15%):
- Proactively monitors email delivery performance, addressing blacklists and blocks.
- Stays current with ever-changing deliverability landscape, and counsels marketers on how to avoid deliverability issues, how to monitor performance, and how to build a more engaged audience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Marketing, MIS or Business Administration or related discipline.
- Minimum 2+ years’ work experience administering Marketing Automation solution (e.g., Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot); Eloqua is preferable.
- Must have a good understanding of the Web and Web technology (HTML, basic CSS) and the ability and desire to expand current technical skill-set
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, team building, and support skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment working with multiple teams including marketing services, IT, and Ops to support user and client marketing across all Informa brands.
- Good understanding of relational data structure.
- Experience establishing and maintaining system documentation and training materials
- Interpersonal skills: exceptional verbal/written communication, listening, coaching and presentation skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and creative solution building skills.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, motivation, initiative, and leadership.
- Eloqua training or Eloqua Certification a plus.
STATEMENT OF INTENT
The purpose of this job description is to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this function. The nature of our business may require that the responsibilities associated with this job may change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. This description is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. UBM takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.