Working within a brilliant team of 14 data-driven marketers, this critical role will focus on extracting insights from internal data sources and help the Marketing team use these to improve real-time campaign performance and segmentation.
This role will report into the Head of Marketing, and cover the products within the Industrial UK division of Informa Markets, a FTSE 100 media and intelligence company, with this division particularly focused on events and subscription products. These include IFSEC, IMHX, Intermodal, Barbour EHS and more.
You will have dotted line responsibility for managing a junior marketer 2 days a week, to build your line report into a strong analytical mind, so management experience is appreciated but not required.
The marketing analyst will also have a sound understanding of the wider business, customers and markets and will connect the Data and Marketing functions, ultimately helping senior stakeholders make data-driven and customer-centric decisions. The role will use analytical skills to interpret and communicate insights gleaned from registration, engagement and lead dashboards, as well as other sources. These reports, dashboards and outputs will be used year-round and during event cycles to inform ongoing business and marketing strategy and planning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyse and share insights gleaned from registration dashboards and extracted data sets – volume of registrations, show to date and week/week registration to target, composition of registrants and source of registrations
- Analyse and share persona tracking, as well as monitoring and revising key customer segments for weekly in-flight campaign and to aid customer insight more generally
- Analyse and share insights gleaned from engagement dashboards broken down across Web, Email, Social and Mobile
- Analyse and share insights gleaned from lead generation dashboards – tracking lead creation, progression and qualification of leads and lead score tracking
- Conduct ad hoc analysis and data requests for Marketing functions also helping to support the Sales and Brand teams with customer data queries
- Work with the team to support
with qualitative customer analysis, such as focus groups and surveys, to frame the analytical skill set you have built
- Identify opportunities for standardised reporting and feed this to the Data function for production and development
Skills and Experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and charting
- Strong knowledge of data visualisation tools preferred (i.e. Tableau or Power BI)
- Able to juggle many projects, with a strong focus on timekeeping and fast delivery
- Experience with analysing large data sets
- Knowledge of Adobe analytics, Google analytics
- Experience in an analytical role and/or data analysis
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy of reporting and data quality
- Result-oriented, resourceful, and practical approach to problem-solving
- Genuine interest in consumer behaviour and a passion for analytics
- Self-starter capable of working on own initiative
- Able to deliver under tight deadlines
- Driven by continuous learning and self-development
- Strong communication and people skills are required
- Basic knowledge of marketing data, channels and KPIs
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (written and verbal)