Business Controller | Boston, MA
The role of business controller, Asset Management is the financial business partner for the Asset Management business within Financial Intelligence. Reporting to the Vertical Finance Director and working closely with the shared service center, the position is responsible for sales and revenue reporting, commissions calculations, capital project management and financial oversight of the business. Invoicing accuracy and processing is also a key function of this role.
In this role you will:
- Oversee all income statement aspects of the asset management businesses, including revenue and expense management, reporting, and monthly commentary on results
- Work closely with business management to evaluate results and highlight opportunities and areas of concern
- Manage the processing of invoices for the EPFR business, including reconciliation with Salesforce, proper coding and timely distribution to customers
- Submit weekly revenue forecasts, monthly expense forecasts, and annual budgets in line with vertical and group timelines and expectations
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting as required by vertical finance.
- Work with business leadership and vertical finance to prepare and manage capital requests, including capital model preparation, management of the approval process, and subsequent expense management and project assessment
- Review Balance sheet accounts monthly and assist the shared service center when needed on accounts receivable, accruals, and fixed assets
- Ensure contracts are in place and up to date for each active account
- Manage monthly commissions calculations and payments for the asset management business.
- Adhoc reporting and analysis as required by the vertical or group.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Good communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
- Ability to work with diverse and remote teams
- Excel, Word and Outlook proficiency
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Highly organized, with attention to detail
- 5-7 years relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus; familiarity with enterprise accounting systems required
Who we are:
We help customers around the world make well informed investment decisions, understand past trends, forecast future performance, drive profitability, and increase returns.
Our leading-edge financial information enables customers to gain a competitive advantage by using our research to make timely business-critical decisions and form effective strategies.
We are a premier data provider for a diverse range of consumer and investment companies globally, serving the following markets:
- Retail Banking
- Investment & Asset Management
- Wealth Management
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
Competitive Benefits with a 401k match
Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
Work- Life Balance Paid parental leave Volunteer days