Senior Software Architect | Financial Intelligence | Cambridge, MA
We are seeking a Software Architect with hands-on Microsoft .Net development experience to join our growing engineering team. Your primary responsibility will be leading a team of engineers and leading the design of EPFR Global’s Microsoft Azure hosted software platform. You should have a strong understanding of Cloud concepts as all software for the organization is being moved to the Microsoft Azure cloud. You should understand how to build an OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) system and the challenges that come with this sort of system. Your ideas and contributions will directly influence the company's future. The software you will be building will be used to deliver large, complex datasets to our worldwide customers. You will be working in a Scrum environment so a commitment to collaborative problem solving is essential.
- Lead the engineering effort to translate requirements into high-quality, testable, scalable software.
- Provide mentoring to Engineering team members as needed.
- Lead Engineering code reviews and design discussions.
- Lead Scrum practices for the team using JIRA.
- Collaborate with Product Management during roadmap and project planning sessions.
- Participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- 5+ years of hands-on Engineering Leadership & Software Architecture experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in C# and .Net is required. .Net Core experience is highly desired as most new software is developed with this.
- Proficiency with enterprise software design and using design and architectural patterns to build scalable, maintainable, and testable software.
- Microsoft Azure: Have a strong understanding of PAAS (Platform as a service) and IAAS (Infrastructure as a service offerings) – SQL Databases, App Services, Service Fabric, Table Storage, Blob Storage.
- Web Development and API development experience using ASP.NET MVC or Web API is required.
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs including security concepts such as OAuth and JSON Web Tokens.
- Strong understanding of Git with Gitflow or similar distributed version control system and processes.
- Strong understanding of Build Systems (TeamCity or similar) and continuous integration/delivery concepts.
- Understanding of writing testable software is required. Experience writing unit tests is a plus.
- Experience building database-driven applications using SQL Server, Entity Framework or ADO.Net is required.
- Heavy SQL Server database experience is required including schema design, writing SQL queries, and advanced performance tuning concepts.
- A strong understanding of object-oriented programming is required.
Our?Informa Intelligence?Division provides the niche, sector-specific intelligence and analysis that gives customers a competitive advantage. We focus on the areas that are most valuable to customers: where intelligence can be directly integrated into their workflow and practices, and where it is predictive and prescriptive, targeted at what will happen and what actions businesses can take, rather than what has happened already.
The Division's sector focus, deep specialism, long-standing brands and investment in digital platforms and delivery sets us apart from peers. Learn more about the six verticals Business Intelligence serves within the?Divisions?section.
We're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work is the right thing to do.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave