Staff Project Accountant: Events Housing
Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Manager, the Project Accountant is accountable for monitoring the progress of assigned deliverables or set of responsibilities that may include accounting routines. This position may be assigned to different projects, programs, and initiatives within Informa Support Services in the Americas.
- Assists in the monthly close process – timely monthly including all journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
- Performs general ledger account reconciliations; verifies accuracy of data and reports and identifies and correct errors made by both internal and external personnel.
- Assists in providing schedules and commentary with respects to operating maintenance accounts results and variances
- Assists with questions and requests from the company’s business finance leads
- Assists in monitoring policies and procedures for assigned departments; assists in identifying control deficiencies and makes recommendations for improvements. Provide consistent compliance with IFRS, Group accounting policies and procedures, and internal control environment.
- Ad hoc projects
- May conduct collections
- May reconcile revenue
- 3 + years of experience in a financial or accounting position preferably in multiple industries.
- Ability to identify, communicate and solve problems quickly, decisively, and independently.
- Experience using Excel, including formulas and pivot tables with financial modeling skills
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant accounting and internal systems
- Act with integrity, tact, and diplomacy
- Flexibility in managing changing job responsibilities and priorities
- Prior experience with forecasting and/or cost accounting helpful
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prior experience with forecasting and/or cost accounting helpful.
- Prior experience with QuickBooks, and SAP helpful.
OTHER KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or directly related field or five years of related experience. Position requires a strong technical accounting background, with IFRS accounting. S/he must have an aptitude for systems and strong management and communication skills. Excellent cross-functional and interpersonal skills to develop team, evolve business processes and support the needs of the business.
INITIAL PROJECT & ACCOUNTING ROUTINE RESPONSIBILITIES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
- Responsible for event payment and rebate revenue invoicing.
- Post revenue payments by recording checks into the financial tracking system.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records in Financial Software.
- Verifies the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from the housing team and hotels.
- Resolves outstanding collections with continued follow-up by email or phone until payment is received.
- Collection calls as necessary serving as a liaison between Hotels and Housing coordinators/staff
- Coding, applying and reconciling Daily Miscellaneous Cash Deposits
- Pulling daily bank reports
- Posting cash applications in EMS
- Recording daily invoicing and Cash Applications activity between EMS to SAP
- Pulling bank daily bank reports
- Onsite accounting cash applications at events (involves occasional US travel)
- Manage sales office cash applications and processing
Accounting support onsite