Taylor & Francis has an exciting opportunity for Editorial Researchers in their Europa Publications division in New Delhi
Candidates are invited to apply for the above-mentioned position, working on two of its Europa titles---Europa World Year Books and Europa Regional Surveys of the World, which provide detailed country surveys containing analytical, statistical and directory information on all countries and territories of the world. You can also visit our website www.europaworld.com.
The role of the Editorial Researcher primarily involves searching for factual information on the Internet, and updating the entries in the database. It also involves monitoring international news and being aware of the latest happenings around the world, to keep the directory of content updated in both print and online versions. This is an editorial content development role and does not involve copy editing.
- Undertaking research and providing content
- Completing multiple tasks to deadlines
- Developing a thorough understanding of the house-style
- Responding promptly and appropriately to inquiries by Editors
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Prior experience in print or online publishing – web research/content writing/copyediting – would be preferable though not essential
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency in a foreign language would be an added advantage
Skills and Behaviours Required
- Aptitude for online research and editing
- Attention to detail
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, oral and written
- A demonstrable interest in world affairs
This position is based at our office in New Delhi, India.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Taylor & Francis is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.