Are you an ambitious individual with a PhD in biomedical science and experience in academic publishing? Would you like to take a leading role in engaging with academic researchers on peer review?
We are currently seeking an ambitious publishing professional with a background in academic research to develop and deliver our reviewer training and engagement programme in China. Based in our Beijing office, we are seeking applicants with excellent networking and customer-facing communication skills, in-depth understanding of the factors which contribute to high-quality peer review, and previous experience in an outreach role.
The Reviewer Engagement Manager is accountable for the continued development and delivery of best in class reviewer training and engagement programmes serving researchers across China; using a variety of approaches and skills to identify experts suitable to act as peer reviewers for international, cutting edge research and to facilitate links with relevant journals. Understanding of biomedical research areas as well as the ability to operate across a variety of disciplines is essential. Strong data analysis skills are a prerequisite. The role includes line-management of another team-member, also based in Beijing.
Reporting to the UK-based Head of Reviewer Programmes, the Reviewer Engagement Manager will collaborate with global colleagues to present training online and in person, to organise reviewer training and engagement events, and to match reviewers with appropriate journals. You will work closely with sales, marketing and editorial colleagues to ensure approaches are aligned with both global departmental objectives and local strategic context.
• Writing reviewer training materials primarily aimed at early career researchers
• Planning and delivering training and engagement events
• Matching validated reviewers with appropriate journals relevant to their area of expertise
• Collaborating and managing relationships with stakeholders internally and externally
• Representing the work of the team across the business
• Identifying opportunities for change at the product level, explaining the benefits to key stakeholders
• Staying up to date with internal and external guidelines on ethical publication practices and ensuring the team also adhere to these standards
• Effective handling of team administration and resource planning
• Recruiting and training of new staff
• Performance management, coaching and motivating team members to meet objectives
• Creating, maintaining and controlling process documentation
• Creating reports for different audiences
Knowledge and Qualifications
• A postgraduate qualification, PhD or equivalent, in biomedical sciences
• Data analysis
• Project Management
• Fluent in Mandarin/ Standard Chinese
• A strong command of English spelling and grammar
• Knowledge of publishing and peer review processes
• Industry and market awareness
• Experience in a customer-facing role
• Experience of coaching, mentoring, and adapting to others’ learning styles
• Understanding of skills and tools required for managing change
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
Skills and Behaviours Required
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to drive improvements based on data analysis and evidence-based learning
• Persuasion and influencing skills
• Exceptional organization skills and confidence in completing multiple tasks to deadlines
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Empathy for one’s team and commitment to team-building
• Ability to deliver results
• Commitment to excellent customer service
• Openness and ability to embrace change, and act as an agent for change management
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions
• Belief in continuous improvement
Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Taylor & Francis Group partners with researchers, scholarly societies, universities and libraries worldwide to bring knowledge to life. As one of the world’s leading publishers of scholarly journals, books, ebooks and reference works our content spans all areas of Humanities, Social Sciences, Behavioural Sciences, Science and Technology.
From our network of offices in Oxfordshire, New York, Philadelphia, Boca Raton, Boston, Melbourne, Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo, Malaysia, Stockholm, New Delhi and Johannesburg, Taylor & Francis staff provide local expertise and support to our editors, societies and authors and tailored, efficient customer service to our library colleagues.
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careersTaylor & Francis is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.