A Regional Facilities Manager is to be appointed to manage the day to day operation of several office buildings in Central London. Currently this comprises three active offices totaling 87,000 sq.ft, and one vacant property.
The Regional Facilities Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of three large Central London offices and for the delivery of safe, secure, productive and cost-effective workspaces.
This role will oversee the day to day operation of three key London offices, managing the Front of House and reception teams and other outsourced providers (such as cleaning and maintenance) as well as liaising with the Informa staff based in the buildings and the building managers as appropriate and to meet the needs of Informa as it changes over time.
The role will include a responsibility to deliver statutory health and safety compliance and Group sustainability policies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working closely with the Senior Facilities Manager to ensure all FM services meets business needs and delivers value for the Group.
- Day to Day Health and Safety across all aspects of the properties including ensuring all new staff receive and undertake necessary training
- Ensuring compliance with all regulations and legalisation within remit.
- Managing the Facilities Managers and teams daily to ensure office sites are safe & secure environments for all colleagues.
- For each property, ensuring proper and suitable provision for:
- Maintenance – PPMs and Reactive maintenance of all M&E issues, building fabric etc.
- Cleaning – PPMs and reactive, including specialist tasks e.g. window cleaning, pest control, carpet cleaning, feminine hygiene.
- Security – access control, CCTV, manned guarding, remote monitoring.
- Catering and hospitality
- Front of House, reception and post room staff.
- CAFM and other specialist software e.g. DSE, room booking.
- Accountable ownership for developing the supplier relationship with the specialist service contractors and providing operational input to contract negotiations, quality review and being responsible for driving continuous improvement.
- Projects – to manage projects including office moves, plant replacement, repairs, etc.
- Validating and coding monthly supplier invoices against expected sums and budgets.
POSITION PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience managing multiple and mixed use property portfolio.
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent vocational/professional qualification in FM, Building services engineering, or Surveying.
- Health and safety qualification – preferred General Certificate in NEBOSH.
- Membership of a professional body such as BIFM, CIBSE, RICS.
- Previous experience leading and managing FM teams including by remote means.
- Previous experience setting and managing budgets.
- Previous experience procuring and managing 3rd party suppliers.
- Project management.
- Working knowledge and understanding of legislation including DDA, Workplace, CDM Regulations, Control of asbestos at Work, Permits to Work, Planning legislation, Building Regulations and WEEE regulations.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written with the ability to converse effectively with senior stakeholders.
- Good IT skills and fully proficient in Microsoft applications.
OTHER PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES:
- User of CAFM, AutoCAD, H&S software (e.g. Cardinus) and other FM related software.
This job description sets out the duties of the position at the time that it was drawn up. Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.