Taylor & Francis Group, a leading international academic publishing company currently have an exciting opportunity for an Area Sales Manager to join the dedicated Books International Sales Department. This position will be based in Dubai, UAE and involves a range of duties including:
- Achieving and exceeding annual territory sales targets
- Planning, scheduling and undertaking regular sales visits to customers to achieve financial targets
- Promotion and sales of our books to importers, booksellers and academics via territory visits and in-house follow-up
- Preparing for, attending, and contributing to sales meetings and events to build strategic awareness and to gather market relevant intelligence
- Selection and adaptation of sales materials, analytics and catalogues for regular customer visits
- Establishing a strategic approach to the short, medium- and long-term business in territory
- Actively liaising with stakeholder departments or groups within the business including Credit Control, Editorial, Marketing, and Sales Support
- Daily liaison with customers over product selection and pricing, preparation of price quotations for bulk deals and tenders
The ideal candidate will be graduate level or equivalent with at least three years regional field sales experience and knowledge of the academic publishing industry or the book trade. They will be self-motivated and adaptable, an excellent communicator, highly organised and be able to manage a large and varied workload. Some Arabic and Turkish language skills desirable but not essential.
This position is based at our office in Dubai, UAE
In return we offer: A competitive salary, bonus scheme, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.