Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications, this role will actively contribute to the development and delivery of the Internal Communications strategy in support of T&F’s vision. You will be responsible for defining and driving an editorial calendar that supports business priorities, and creating or commissioning the resulting stories that need to be told.
• Establish and manage a global editorial committee and editorial calendar.
• Commission, create and edit content for engaging stories across the organisation.
• Edit and approve content from other colleagues, including senior leaders.
• Manage communications across a variety of forms (print, online, audio, video, presentations, etc.)
• Use all available communications channels effectively, including web, social media, print, email and face-to-face, and be involved in evaluating and deploying new channels.
• Build effective working relationships globally.
• Contribute to initiatives and projects aimed at addressing specific communication needs.
Knowledge and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have:
• A suitable professional qualification in communications or related field
• A good understanding of the role internal communication plays in corporate messaging and staff engagement
• Experience with community, social media and collaboration tools, notably Microsoft Office 365 and all MS Office packages
• Experience of working in a Corporate Communications role, communications agency, in-house newsroom or similar
Skills and Behaviours Required:
• Perfect English language writing and editing skills
• Strong story-telling skills, and the ability to make content engaging and accessible to a wide variety of internal stakeholders
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• Ability to build relationships with and influence senior stakeholders
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Able to work autonomously across cultures and time zones
• Persistence, curiosity and autonomy to seek out new stories and ideas
• Analysis: the ability to translate complex data into interesting and engaging stories
• Customer empathy: understanding the many customers within the business
• Management: excellent project management and self-motivation
• Accountability: A proven track record of delivering to targets and objectives
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals across Humanities and Social Sciences, and STEMM subjects. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.