Taylor & Francis is a leading academic publisher with offices worldwide. The company publishes more than 2,700 peer-reviewed academic journals globally, with an established and growing list of titles. We are seeking a commercially astute and determined Director of Researcher Services & Networks to join our team.
The position will be responsible for developing a commercial strategy for high growth regions in APAC, India and Africa to innovate and deliver on researcher products and services (including but not limited to journals), while leading and developing a high-performing team to drive the growth of the business and the penetration of the research ecosystem in the region.
The successful candidate will have a breadth of experience across the industry, in different organizations and an in-depth knowledge of the APAC region. A working knowledge of funding and researcher markets in India or Africa would be an advantage. You will also have an understanding of technologies, trends and developments in the areas of publishing, scholarly communication and research. A strong commercial focus together with the ability to lead and inspire a team are key to the role.
• Commercial lead for T&F researcher/expert content in APAC, India and Africa, setting and delivering strategic commercial objectives for the region in line with global strategy
• Lead, inspire and coach a team to ensure high engagement, delivery of objectives, and a culture of high performance
• Pastoral responsibility for Editorial teams in the region
Relationship Nurturing and Developing
• Defining and delivering value into the regional research ecosystem (researchers, librarians, research institutions, funders and government) to deliver long-term revenue growth
• Establish, maintain and develop high level relationships with key customer groups; researchers and research leaders, funders, societies and institutions, commercial, professional and academic as well as government and regulatory bodies
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues across all divisions of T&F and Informa, including Technology, Sales and Product to ensure revenue generation of is realized
Market Analysis and Strategic Planning
• Develop and maintain market awareness through business and industry publications, networking within research communities and research leadership
• Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, market trends, prospect needs and generate product and services development ideas and identify business opportunities.
• Understand how current and future market trends impact our current and potential customers
Delivery of Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives
• Advise department heads and senior management across departments on strategic initiatives and partnerships and identify needs and resources to deliver on strategic objectives.
• Monitor and report on KPIs including revenue, costs, overheads, usage and user behaviors to inform future strategic development
• Develop and report on budgets and forecasts for the current year and against three-year plans.
• Plan and implement long term business strategies to achieve the company’s objectives
• Ensure the company has an effective framework for creating and maintaining business relationships and delivery on strategic partnership projects.
• Continually developing the T&F brand and profile, building increasing awareness across the region through representing the company at events in the region.
• Generating and seeking out potential new opportunities in products, services and partnerships
• Evaluating new opportunities to ensure resources focus on the best opportunities
• Supporting Global Portfolio Directors in the development of proposals, submissions and bids
Minimum Requirements and relevant Experience:
• The ability to lead and inspire a team, outstanding team leadership skills
• A breadth of experience across the industry, in different organizations, subject areas and in-depth knowledge of the APAC region
• Strong commercial focus and experience in managing the P&L within a strategic business unit
• An understanding of technologies, trends and developments in the areas of online publishing, scholarly communication and research
• A firm grasp of strategic issues affecting the global research sector.
• The ability to communicate and form strong working relationships and networks effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
• Results-oriented with the ability to manage from strategic development to detailed execution
• A proven track record of delivering high performance both personally and commercially
• Effective management of cost and revenue growth
• Possess excellent commercial understanding and awareness
• An extremely competent presenter (formally and informally)
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals across Humanities and Social Sciences, and STEMM subjects. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.