Informa Intelligence, part of the FTSE 100 Informa Group, provides data, intelligence and insight to clients globally. Informa Intelligence has 2500 staff in 60 locations across the globe with significant coverage in the USA and a large central London UK office. We have over 100 product lines spanning six key industry verticals: Pharma, Finance, Technology, Media & Telecoms, Transportation, Agribusiness and Industry & Infrastructure with dynamic and evolving plans to significantly grow the portfolio of products and customers.
We are creating a new in-house Sitecore development team to support and enhance our two strategic content management platforms. You will have the opportunity to build a highly successful career by capitalising on this unique opportunity to establish a new development team as a market-differentiating capability for our leading brands. Our platforms have gone through significant recent investments and are therefore on the latest software versions and cloud based services to enable increasing growth projections in the future. You will work with a diverse range of business stakeholders across product management, marketing and editorial teams within all 6 of our industry verticals.
- Completes technical analysis, design, coding and testing for development and support initiatives.
- Uses standard patterns and practices to implement scalable, high performance application frameworks for enterprise application
- Estimate effort for implementation of Sitecore designs.
- Develop and configure workflows
- Support sizing, capacity planning and non-functional requirement specification, benchmarking and recommendations for Sitecore solutions.
- Provide inputs and direction to other developers on the team for design and implementation
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of Sitecore 8.x or higher with its various aspects from CM platform and its customizations, Experience Manager, PXM, Website delivery.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Bitbucket / Mercurial / SVN
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Must be familiar with Continuous Integration software like Jenkins, GitLab, BitBucket.
- Prior experience in Agile Development Methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban etc. will be given higher preference.
- Prior experience with patterns such as Dependency Injection (Autofac, Unity), extensive use of Lambda expressions and prior experience in interfacing with variety of Search Engines (SOLR, Coveo) would be considered a big plus.
If you are an experienced and energetic Sitecore developer who continually seeks excellence in the delivery of working, valuable software that makes a real market difference then we’d love to hear from you.
Rated as one of the top 5 large companies to work for in the UK, we offer world class career development, competitive salaries, as well as an award winning benefits package.