Content Marketing Associate – Informa Tech | New York, NY, will also consider Atlanta, GA
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers, creating and delivering highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, and market intelligence to provide valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses, and organizations worldwide.
Informa Tech is the market-leading provider of integrated research, training, events and media to the Technology community.
We’re a global business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in 60 markets. Our purpose is to help drive the future by inspiring the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world. We do this by informing, educating and connecting the community through our market-leading research, training, event, and media brands. Every year, we welcome 7,400+ subscribers to our research, 18,000+ students to our training programs, 200,000+ delegates to our events, and more than 3.8 million unique visitors a month to our digital communities.
At Informa Tech, the many amazing brands we operate are successful due to the people that produce them. They require experts, in the market and in their function, working together to allow the Tech community to freely exchange ideas, connect around compelling issues, discover new opportunities, and attain the intelligence they need for sound business decisions.
Join us if you want to work with the best in the industry, who are passionate about the customers they serve and dedicated to excellence in everything they do.
Purpose of this role:
You will be responsible for driving year-round creation and delivery of digital content, to drive community engagement, increase community membership, web traffic and sales. The role includes authoring content, sourcing content from community members, and developing relationships with content partners to feed community sites and social media outlets.
You will also be responsible for monitoring community activity all year round, tracking and interpreting KPIs/metrics and using results to identify new opportunities and improve products, engagement and content.
- This position will be working across two key international portfolios within the business, IWCE and Channel Partners which both consist of events and media/community sites.
- Manage the delivery of multi-channel content marketing campaigns in line with the event and media objectives based off customer insights
- Creation of comprehensive content marketing strategy for the portfolio which feeds into main marketing strategy and campaign
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the portfolio’s target audiences and behaviors and ensure content strategies and plans are aligned to targeted demographics with content produced and stylized for different geographic regions
- Production of marketing collateral for American City and County, Urgent Communications, Channel Partners Online, Channel Futures, plus other relevant media properties in the portfolio
- Production of creative, engaging content pieces to drive lead generation and website engagement resulting in event attendees and media website sign ups
- Promotion of content through email, newsletters, social and paid advertising
- Create and implement strategies to secure and manage the portfolio’s influencer partnerships and content relationships to increase reach and ensure high calibre community content quality.
- Develop content assets to generate leads for sponsors and/or exhibitors and delegate registrations as well as leads for media marketing packages
- Help to generate revenue from external companies through the digital media offering, e.g. sponsoring blog posts, pay to provide sponsored content.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, video, print and in-person.
- Assist with management of event websites and media properties including content population and implementing SEO strategy
- Creation of social media posts and creative for events and media sites and analysis of performance
- Weekly and monthly tracking of social, community and content performance across all platforms
- Attend regular team meetings reporting on activity and results of event and media property activities
- Manage and coordinate event onsite content including managing onsite broadcasting, social content, speaker interviews etc in conjunction with corresponding media editors
- Work as part of an internal content community, sharing best practices and learnings on new media efforts, analytical reporting, campaign briefs, and customer insights.
- Be the main point of contact to tie together the media and event brands ensuring that both teams are promoting products consistently
- Add event listings and banners to media sites and update where needed
- Promotion of event webinar series to drive registrations and attendance
- Create and deploy regular emails for media sites including sales promo and quarterly emails
- Management of sponsored videos on media sites and promotion
- Create and manage barter agreements for media sites to increase brand exposure
- Keep sponsor logos updated on media and webinar websites
What you will need to succeed:
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Excellent team player
- Able to work well with both internal and external stakeholders, effectively able to help set and manage expectations, and operate with upmost professionalism at all times
- Strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to generate new ideas and processes to improve marketing campaign effectiveness and ROI
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge/experience within the critical communications sector a bonus. A keenly observant candidate who must be able to show proficient understanding of key industry trends and create copy as a thought leader
- Strong copywriting skills
- Experience in content and digital marketing and creating year-round engagement strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of digital marketing, platforms and tools (e.g. SEO, google analytics, social media platforms).
- Basic design experience in editing and graphic software i.e PhotoShop, Canva, Illustrator
- Able to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask and work on different projects with different teams at the same time
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group.
We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Paid parental leave
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success