Sales Specialist – Informa Intelligence | Financial Intelligence, New York, NY
Informa Financial Intelligence (“IFI”) currently has an opportunity for a Sales Specialist to join our team in our New York or Boston office to support the growth of our Institutional Fund Flows, Stock Flows and Asset Allocations Data.
The Sales Specialist is a domain expert, understanding and articulating the full value proposition and capabilities of the data and platform. The Sales Specialist is responsible for the strategy and execution of all new sales of their core solution set to an assigned client list working alongside and supporting the Account Managers to deliver on a focused client growth strategy. In this role, you are responsible for leveraging your domain and product expertise to assist Account Managers identify and uncover growth opportunities within these clients as well as supporting opportunities presented by the Account Manager.
Responsibilities for driving the sales process including:
- A domain expert understanding the business of our clients and able to articulate precisely how our solutions solve client problems and create value.
- Maintain a deep working knowledge of the EPFR platform and the solutions behind that
- Create and implement sales plans to target and penetrate target non-client prospects including targeting and engaging senior executive decision makers.
- Design and implement a cohesive sales strategy drawing on the various business disciplines i.e. marketing, product management, etc., to deliver on their sales goal.
- Collaborate effectively with Account Managers to successfully support growth targets.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume.
- Effectively maintain and forecast pipeline activities including all relevant client engagement materials.
- Work with Product Management and Senior Business Management to deliver effective and competitive solutions to our clients
- BS/BA from an accredited college or university.
- Proven track record of new business results, ability to achieve and exceed meaningful sales goals.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in direct sales to the investment or financial services industry.
- Experience in Asset/Portfolio Management, Alternative investments or selling into Quantitative Research space
- Experience in both working effectively with others in a team setting and in an independent environment.
Informa Financial Intelligence provides a unique and a valuable platform consisting of research, data and solutions for the banking, asset management, trading, wealth management and advisory markets. Our platform enables our clients to optimize their client engagement to drive new business growth and support client retention. Informa has always been recognized in the industry for offering highly customized systems and outstanding client service, which greatly enhances our customers’ client relationships. Our unique ability to create quality solutions, along with our capacity to deliver supply valuable market intelligence makes Informa a consistent market leader throughout the investment community.
Informa’s Intelligence (II) division provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
II has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within six core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Transportation, Industry and Infrastructure and Agribusiness & Commodities.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days