Based in Tokyo, the position entails developing and publishing timely and game changing market driven insight and strategies on the global currency, rates and potentially credit and fund markets.
The candidate should be well versed in the mechanics of currency markets and alongside bearing a strong grasp of macro-economic issues; be able to present visually engaging yet authoritative style reports that demonstrate insightful appreciation of a range of trends.
Typically, we look at fundamental macro influences, market flows and positioning and fund flow data. The position inherently involves continually identifying and analysing financial information alongside strategic issues and trends that affect markets on a regional and global scale.
Proficiency with productive software tools, as well as strong skills in data analysis and visualisation, are key requisites for this position.
The successful candidate should ideally have experience as a currency, fixed income and or economic research analyst/strategist or reporter. Experience in trading or as an investment adviser in a private banking or fund set up would also be an advantage.
Key Elements of the Role
- Provides analysis and information on stock markets, bond markets and foreign exchange markets in developed and emerging countries in Japanese language.
- Ensure an accurate and timely “on top of the market” flow of reasoned opinion
- Formulate and publish deeper research and presentations, incorporating fund flows, charts
- Exercise and apply sound judgement in analysis of what moves financial markets and why
- Develop and maintain a deep regional contact base, cultivating sources from both sell-side (bank) and buy-side (investor) communities
- Contribute to daily, weekly and special reports
- Provide flexible cover for colleagues across multiple disciplines and possibly time zones
Required Skills and Experience
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the Developed and Emerging markets.
- Relevant industry experience, through reporting, research or work in the Bond markets or Credit market, FX markets.
- A productive network of sources in the financial markets, both on the sell and buy side.
- Ability to develop & write strategic views and recommendations in a clear & concise manner.
- Ability to write well and frequently without an editor is a minimum requirement as is comfort with spreadsheet, graphics and presentations.
- Workflow process & report optimization (MS Office worksheet personalization, vba scripting, etc.).
- Data management:
- Data Sourcing - Bloomberg, Reuters-Eikon, Nikkei-quick, EPFR
- Data Analysis - Excel.
- Data Visualisation - Excel.
- Presentation: - PowerPoint.
- Must be a team player, proactive with an enquiring mind and a flexible attitude.
- Strong communication & presentation skills, media experience would be viewed favourably.
In particular you are a person with deep passion and interest in macroeconomic trends and their impact on FX, Rates & Credit, Stock markets