The Events Partnership Marketing Manager will form part of Ovum’s Marketing Communications Team, they will be responsible for coordinating with Informa Tech marketing teams, media site managers, and analyst teams to make sure successful strategies are in place to maximise Ovum’s exposure pre, during and post events.
Ovum analysts regularly attend Informa Tech events where they speak, lead panels, and meet with key stakeholders. Attending these events is key business driver for Ovum, it allows the opportunity for our Analysts to showcase their knowledge, research and expertise to a key audience.
This role will commonly consist of ensuring content and promotions are delivered in relevant formats, analyst presence at events are planned with optimum effect, and analysts are armed with the most impactful presentations. She or he will also coordinate and run analyst webinars.
It will be The Events Partnership Marketing Manager responsibility to grow and maximise these opportunities to further promote Ovum research and marketing offerings across the Informa Tech global events porfolio, as well as in companion media and training properties.
This will initially be a nine month contract role, with potential for permanent hire.
- Working and collaborating with Marketers in different Informa Tech Teams to plan and deliver joint promotional activity, such as events, analyst engagements, webinars and on and content ensuring that Ovum’s exposure is maximized throughout the event timeline.
- Responsible for the all onsite design creatives and logistics - marketing materials, logos, booths, and other materials ensuring creation, delivery and safe return.
- Work with the internal media teams to deliver research summaries, promotional banners, analyst blogs, free and teaser content that are in-keeping with the events to drive delegate attendance and engagement
- Responsible for owning the events calendar, tracking all marketing activities and maintaining promotions on research properties
- Coordinate with analyst teams on event attendance, speaking opportunities, and other analyst profiling opportunities; maintain analyst promotional calendar and update sales teams on analyst presence
- Working alongside the analyst teams to create and package effective copy to engage audiences and drive delegate attendance to interact with Ovum Analysts and the Sales team on-site.
- Review analyst presentations and “up the game” in terms of design and impact
- Working in unison with the sales team to drive lead generation at every event Ovum participates in through apps, booths etc.
- Staff event booths in local region as needed
- Run analyst webinars in support of events, training, and media websites
- Post event analysis and reporting to the wider team on ROI and key findings
What We Are Looking For
- Significant (and demonstrable) experience with event promotion, speaker bureaus, and collateral management
- Amazing (and demonstrable) marketing design and editorial skills that can translate technical content into high-impact presentations
- Excellent at partnering inside and outside organizations to deliver outstanding marketing results
- Demonstrable experience with a global remit
- Results driven with sound commercial judgement
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills with evidence of successfully working collaboratively with colleagues across different departments/channels/ business areas
- The strength of character to take difficult business decisions; the capacity to focus on long term goals, whilst not missing short term challenges/opportunities
- The ambition to drive forward; the commitment to complete and deliver
- Talent for managing complexity and providing direction and leadership on new initiatives
- The ability to successfully manage across a global matrix structure; the assurance to actively listen and compromise
Why work for Informa?
- Fabulous new office in Central London with an amazing rooftop terrace, views of Central London, onsite gym and a variety of restaurants and amenities nearby
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Top UK employer 2018
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holiday
- Life assurance
- Flexitime working
- Other flexible benefits include healthcare, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan for travel
Rated as one of the top 5 large companies to work for in the UK, we offer world class career development, competitive salaries, as well as an award-winning benefits package.