Sales Manager- Pharma Intelligence | NY, NY or remote
It is an exciting time to join Informa! We are, launching new products, acquiring new businesses and expanding our services to clients and prospects worldwide. As a result, our renewal rates are at an all-time high, and our New Business acquisition is stronger than ever
To support our growth plans for 2019/2020, Informa’s Business Intelligence group is seeking a Sales Manager to manage a team of seven Strategic Account Managers. As the Sales Manager, you will lead this established and high-performing team, ensuring they hit all New Business and renewal revenue targets, developing and implementing the sales strategy, training the existing team and improving individuals’ sales skills.
You will play a proactive role in partnering with colleagues from across Marketing, Product, Content and other teams to share customer feedback and improve our services. This is an ideal position for a strong Sales Manager with previous experience in successfully building and leading a team, as well as with a track record of being a coach and mentor.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets, through managing a sales team of 7 Account Managers who in turn manage a total of 100 of our largest customers.
- Your will own a book of business of approx. $20m for which you will deliver growth, based on supporting your team to deliver a strong renewal rate, annual uplift and excellent new business generation through cross sell and upsell.
- Recruiting, managing and creating a team culture of target achievement through strong processes, excellent selling and service skills, and an atmosphere of dedication, passion, confidence and fun.
- Learning the Pharma industry and our suite of clinical and commercial products quickly, to support your team selling into this market
- Working with management and colleagues to set short- and long-term sales strategies, providing market and customer feedback to shape the future product roadmap
- Aiding the development of the team through sales and product training, as well as identifying and capitalizing on new revenue initiatives.
- Territory management through accurate use of our CRM system (Salesforce)
- Managing a geographically dispersed team, creating a strong sense of commercial urgency, purpose and unity.
Pharma Intelligence: https://informa.com/divisions/business-intelligence/pharma-intelligence/
Relying on us to deliver vital advantage when making critical R&D and commercial decisions, our customers come from over 3000 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, contract research organisations (CROs), medical technology, biotechnology and healthcare service providers, including the top 10 global pharma and CROs. From drug and device discovery and development to regulatory approval, and from product launch to lifecycle management, we provide the intelligence and insight to help our customers seize opportunities, mitigate risk and make business-critical decisions, faster. As the pharma and healthcare sector faces unparalleled upheaval, customers rely on our independent advice, enabling them to cut through the clutter and make sense of changing drug development, regulatory and competitive landscapes.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group.
We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Paid parental leave
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success