Junior Credit Market Analyst/Reporter, Asia – Informa Global Markets
Informa Global Markets is growing its Credit Markets team in Asia. Since the 1970s, IGM has set the standard for real time analysis of the financial markets, by providing unrivalled world class coverage of the global foreign exchange, sovereign fixed income, credit and emerging markets.
Based in either our Hong Kong or Singapore office, we are looking to fill a junior reporter role to pro-actively source and publish real time updates on new bond issues from first rumour through to pricing and related intelligence. Successful candidates will also contribute to the expansion of our proprietary new issues database and the production and delivery of various IGM credit content via Excel spreadsheets.
The successful candidates will also progress to producing deal previews and review reports as well as broader industry pieces as their understanding of the credit market increases as part of their development. A solid written and spoken command of the English language is essential. Pro-actively calling market participants and being able to write fast in an accurate and dependable manner is also pivotal. The ideal applicant should be enthusiastic and willing to learn, work well within a team as well as independently and be strongly motivated to shape her/his working experience and career inside our growing team.
We will consider the attitude and the determination of our applicants over direct experience and academic background. However additional skill-sets of great interest could include journalists, analysts and industry practitioners, with a prior focus on Asian markets.
- Real-time coverage of Asian bond markets, including USD plus regional/local currency issuance.
- Fast, accurate publishing of deal terms and conditions to a set format, including data entry.
- Proactive telephone calls to bank syndicate desks, borrowers and investors in order to break deal updates ahead of our competitors.
- Further developing and maintaining a deep regional contact base, cultivating sources from both sell-side (bank) and buy-side (investor) communities.
- Eventually contributing to pre- and post-launch analysis of major deals utilising timely and accurate market derived information (rumours, price talk, book-build and pricing analysis versus comparables).
- Providing cover for colleagues across multiple disciplines.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English language).
- Fast and accurate typing.
- An enquiring mind and a flexible attitude. Must be a team player.
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to foster relationships both internally and externally.
- Foreign languages will be of benefit, particularly conversational and business Chinese language.
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual to progress and build their career by working for a leading brand in an organisation with fantastic career development opportunities.