Taylor & Francis is a leading academic publisher with offices worldwide. The company publishes more than 2,700 peer-reviewed academic journals globally, with an established and growing list of titles. We are seeking a well-organized and conscientious Head of Researcher Services & Networks to join our team.
Reporting to the Director, Researcher Services & Networks, this role is responsible for developing and delivering growth strategy for the region to innovate and deliver on core and new researcher product and services and to support the delivery of the wider global strategy.
• Liaising closely with the Director, design and deliver a regional growth strategy to support the delivery of the wider strategic commercial objectives in line with global strategy
Relationship Nurturing and Developing
• Defining and delivering value into the regional research ecosystem (researchers, librarians, research institutions, funders and government) to deliver long-term revenue growth
• Establish, maintain and develop high level relationships with key customer groups; researchers and research leaders, funders, societies and institutions, commercial, professional and academic as well as government and regulatory bodies
• Support the Director to communicate and advise of new growth opportunities and product development potential and collaborate with colleagues across all divisions of T&F and Informa, including Technology, Sales and Product to ensure revenue generation of regional projects is realized
Regional Market Analysis and Strategic Planning
• Develop and maintain market awareness through business and industry publications, networking within research communities and research leadership
• Provide market feedback to the Director and broader Research Services senior leadership team regarding competitive offerings, market trends, prospect needs and generate product and services development ideas and identify business opportunities.
• Understand how current and future market trends in the region impact our current and potential customers
Delivery of Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives
• Monitor and report on KPIs including revenue, costs, overheads, usage and user behaviors to inform future strategic development
• Develop and report on budgets and forecasts for the current year and against three-year plans.
• Plan and implement long term business strategies to achieve the company’s objectives for own region
• Ensure the region has an effective framework for creating and maintaining business relationships and delivery on strategic partnership projects.
• Continually developing the T&F brand and profile, building increasing awareness across the region through representing the company at events etc.
• Generating and seeking out potential new opportunities in products, services and partnerships
• Evaluating new opportunities to ensure resources focus on the best opportunities
Minimum Requirements and relevant Experience
The ideal candidate will have:
• A breadth of experience across the industry, in different organizations, subject areas and in-depth knowledge of their designated region
• Strong commercial focus and experience in managing the P&L within a strategic business unit
• An understanding of technologies, trends and developments in the areas of online publishing, scholarly communication and research
• A firm grasp of strategic issues affecting the global research sector.
• The ability to communicate and form strong working relationships and networks effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
• Results-oriented with the ability to manage from strategic development to detailed execution
• A proven track record of delivering high performance both personally and commercially
• Effective management of cost and revenue growth
• Possess excellent commercial understanding and awareness,
• A confident presenter (both formally and informally)
This role is open to applicants from both New Delhi and Mumbai.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals across Humanities and Social Sciences, and STEMM subjects. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.