Are you an organised, conscientious, and experienced Lean Six Sigma Green belt with coaching and performance management skills? We are looking for a Team Manager (UK) to join our dynamic, collaborative, and agile new team using Lean Six Sigma methodology to improve processes related to the needs of Journal Editors and academic societies.
Reporting to the Operational Excellence Director, the Team Manager will lead and coach a team of Process Specialists and be accountable for the successful delivery and continuous improvement of excellent operational processes in the Researcher Services department. This role may require some travel to global Operational Excellence team locations as required.
- Proactively lead kaizen activity within the Operational Excellence team to deliver multiple process improvements and operational efficiencies using Lean Six Sigma and Agile methodology.
- Manage a centralised view of process activity for the team including improvement progress, project resources and risk management
- Deliver effective change management through active engagement with the business and use of change management techniques
- Be accountable for the smooth running of day-to-day operations and for building and maintaining a culture of high standards of practice
- Act as a ‘scrum master’ to remove blockers to progress for the team
- Performance manage, coach and motivate the Operational Excellence team
The ideal candidate will have:
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt qualification with an in-depth knowledge of kaizen
- Training in Agile methodologies
- Experience of using Kanban boards and project management software
- Experience of managing process improvement activities
- Experience of managing and motivating new teams
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders and an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the customer needs of journal Editors and Societies
- An understanding of Change Management techniques
- Experience of working in a global context
- A strong customer focus
- Strong Excel skills and be comfortable analysing data and Sigma XL
In return we offer: 25 days holiday per annum (plus an additional 3 days at Christmas), a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Interviews will take place on 1st or 2nd October.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.