Team Leader Marketing | Burlington, MA
Leads and directs team of Marketing Manager’s towards reaching and exceeding stated activities and overall team performance goals, processes and efficiencies. Manages both team and individuals through the understanding and detailed navigation of targeted marketing initiatives strategies and tactics; shares expertise of marketing and social media skills through direct coaching with team members to achieve corporate goals. Masters and trains team on all levels of the marketing cycle, including life cycle marketing, lead nurturing and sales support tools. Maintains individual and team standards with regard to outbound efforts, prospecting and nurturing leads, and meeting or exceeding projected sales results for each event.
In this role you will:
- Manages team performance; mentors, and leads new Marketing Managers training and designs and executes team mentoring activities, monitors team progress towards established goals and presents marketing results in weekly team meetings or as requested from VP of Audience. Serves as one of the “go-to” people for VP of Audience and as directed serves as key liaison for management on behalf of team members in carrying out corporate initiatives, mantras and financial objectives.
- Utilizes quantifiable and qualified data, to manage team event assignments, marketing tactics, IT support requirements and schedules by project; balances a complex outbound schedule comprised of multiple event assignments and ensures individual and team compliance to stated objectives.
- Ensures that marketing manager team is tracking and spending within financial budget on an ongoing basis and assists with revenue forecasting and reconciliation.
- Supports CRM/Business Analyst in providing and tracking key reports, metrics and requirements to ensure efficient use of the company CRM and other Marketing tools.
- Applies marketing analytics (Social, web, email etc) to track, monitor and measure lead sourcing, qualifications and nurturing; sustains quality performance levels individually and for the team. Tracks individual and team progress against goals through the accurate and timely completion of marketing reports, yearly goal sheet objectives and special project reporting.
- Serves as the liaison between the Marketing Manager team and other departments regarding verbal and written fact-based information regarding both positive and negative market trends and shifts.
- Works closely with Director of Delegate Sales to ensure teams are working together optimally and that initiatives are being executed and adjusted as needed.
- Supports VP of Audience in the analysis, strategic planning and execution of all phases of the marketing process which helps towards achieving marketing goals.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Ensure consistent marketing images on brochures, fliers, newspaper ads, and other collateral materials.
What you'll need to succeed:
- College degree in business administration, marketing and /or management with at least 4-6 years experience in a marketing role.
- At least one or more years of managing experience.
- Demonstrated skills in networking, building relationships, time management, organization, and strong verbal and written communication abilities are necessary.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite is also required. Proficiency with social networking sites/tools/metrics and the internet is required.
- Must be able to lead and balance individual and team workload requirements; is responsible for completing tasks and meeting benchmarks within strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, or marketing/lead automation is a plus.
- Knowledge or direct experience with conferences a plus.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to potential opportunities and threats for the business relevant to the conditions of the market and industry.
- Proven ability to promote ideas, and sell key attributes of the conferences to recruit high-level attendee(s) and partners.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience and openness to embracing and supporting change.
- Ability to present regularly to cross functional, departmental and project teams; must be comfortable with direct communication and feedback on job performance in both an individual and group setting.
- Must be able to work in a highly agile environment, and able to grasp new concepts or alternative ways of approaching a marketing challenge
Who we are:
CBI, a division of Informa Connect, is the life sciences industry leader in providing thought leadership, actionable data, benchmarking, case studies and regulatory information through a dynamic conference platform that facilitates innovation, collaboration and elevation across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and healthcare industries. CBI’s proprietary and intensive market research and product feasibility testing methodology has helped CBI deliver timely and first to market content driven conferences. These include annual flag ship events such as PCC (Pharmaceutical Compliance Congress), PAP (Patient Assistance and Access Programs), Pharma Accounting and Reporting Congress, Pharma Forum and Medicaid and Government Pricing Congress.
Benefiting over 6,000 executives annually, CBI conferences provide the market with leading edge, actionable information on the most compelling industry mega and micro trends through exclusive thought leadership presentations from our esteemed speaking faculty and government officials. CBI conferences also serve to connect executives and decision makers with technology, regulatory and consulting solutions from Fortune 500 companies and the most cutting edge solution providers.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success
- 4 weeks parental leave