Market Analysts/Reporters – Informa Global Markets
Informa Global Markets is strengthening its Rates, FX and Credit research and seeking candidates to produce a unique mix of market driven insight, intelligence and strategies for a primarily front-office audience of demanding decision makers in the sell and buy side.
Position Objective and Summary
Based in Singapore, the position entails developing, writing and publishing timely market driven insight and strategies on the global currency, rates and potentially credit and fund markets.
The candidate should be interested and well versed in the mechanics of currency markets, with a strong grasp of relevant macro-economic drivers. We are particularly interested in candidates that can demonstrate ability to marry written insight into fast moving markets with visually engaging reports utilising proprietary and other data resources.
Proficiency with software tools, particularly Excel, as well as strong skills in data analysis and visualisation, are key requisites for this position.
The successful candidate should ideally have experience as a currency, fixed income and or economic research analyst/strategist or reporter. Experience in trading or as an investment adviser in a private banking or fund set up would also be an advantage.
While an established contact base would be a distinct advantage, enthusiasm to build and maintain your own is a prerequisite as is proactively engaging with clients and contacts, including accompanying our sales team on site visits. Otherwise, a strong desire for producing real time, opinionated and concise market research and a solid command of the English language are crucial.
Key Elements of the Role
- Generate trading insight and strategies In G10 and EM Asian currency and currency markets – also cross asset classes based on fundamental macro analysis
- Ensure an accurate and timely flow of reasoned opinion demonstrating close touch with markets
- Formulate and publish deeper research and presentations, incorporating fund flows, charts
- Exercise and apply sound judgement in analysis of what moves financial markets and why
- Develop and maintain a deep regional contact base, cultivating sources from both sell-side (bank) and buy-side (investor) communities
- Contribute to daily, weekly and special reports
- Provide flexible cover for colleagues across multiple disciplines and possibly time zones
Required Skills and Experience
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the Asian and G7 markets.
- Relevant industry experience, through reporting, research or work in the Asian financial markets.
- Ability to develop & write strategic views and recommendations in a clear & concise manner.
- Ability to write well and frequently without an editor is a minimum requirement as is comfort with handling data in spreadsheet, graphics and presentations
- An established contact base would be a distinct advantage
- Workflow process & report optimization (MS Office worksheet personalization, vba scripting, etc.).
- Data management:
- Data Sourcing - Bloomberg, Eikon, Macrobond, EPFR
- Data Analysis - Excel, Python.
- Data Visualisation - Excel, Tableau.
- Presentation: - PowerPoint.
- Must be a team player, proactive with an enquiring mind and a flexible attitude.
- Strong communication & presentation skills, media experience would be viewed favourably.
- In particular you are a person with deep passion and interest in macroeconomic trends and their impact on FX, Rates & Credit markets.