Digital Product Manager | Boston, MA
Xconomy is looking for a talented digital producer / product manager for Xconomy.com. You will work closely with marketing, product and business development to maintain and launch new updates to the website. In addition, you will support and contribute to other products critical to the business.
At Xconomy, you will:
- Provide hands-on support for ongoing site maintenance and development.
- Drive the process of delivering the Xconomy.com product roadmap.
- Facilitate ideation sessions and workshops with editorial, marketing, and sales staff.
- Coordinate with global technology team on new features, platform maintenance and upgrades.
- Work directly with designers and engineers to design, build and test new features for the website.
- Manage and prioritize new requests and bugs.
- Maintain brand-consistent look and feel of site.
- Support monetization teams with ad server configuration, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Provide editorial staff support in creating microsites for events and special projects.
- Track and optimize sources of web traffic.
- Monitor site performance and user behavior through analytics and business intelligence.
- Optimize content on the site for organic search (categories, seo meta titles and descriptions)
- Manage expectations and ensure all projects and milestones are hit on time.
- Communicate project status and estimates to team stakeholders.
You’re passionate about journalism, people and technology. You’re perhaps one part product manager, and one part designer. You want to grow a unique news platform for highly educated and engaged users to stay on top of what’s happening at the intersection of technology and life sciences. Your strong analytical skills will help our team set priorities and allocate resources.
- Experienced (3-5 years) in project management, web development, digital marketing, graphic design, or interface design--ideally at an online news organization
- Have experience of SEO and Conversion Optimisation techniques and best practices.
- Have advanced knowledge and experience with design and project management software of your preference.
- Strong familiarity with Wordpress (preferred) or other popular Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with a high attention to detail and excellent communication skills both verbal and written, as well as working cross-functionally across departments
- Proven expert knowledge in the MS Office Suite with a strong focus on Excel
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple simultaneous projects as well as comfortable in giving presentations and/or making recommendations
Who we are:
Xconomy is part of Informa’s Knowledge & Networking Division. We are an innovative news and events organization with outposts in Boston, Boulder/Denver, Detroit/Ann Arbor, Indiana, New York, Raleigh-Durham, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Texas, and Wisconsin. Xconomy is dedicated to providing business and technology leaders with timely, insightful, close-to-the-scene information about the local personalities, companies, and technological trends that best exemplify today’s high-tech economy. Xconomy is staffed by world-class journalists and media professionals, and supported by “the Xconomists,” who include some of the world’s leading innovators.
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business, operating in the Knowledge and Information Economy. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days
- Informa Awards to celebrate individual and team success