- The Divisional Head of FP&A is required to provide insight and analysis around the financial performance of the division.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take the lead for Divisional Business Planning and Budgeting processes.
- Effectively manage a team of Market Led Business Controllers to gain insight and accuracy across the entire Connect Division.
- Be cognisant of, and implement, strategic direction into forecasting, planning and budgeting.
- Oversee the maintenance of risk and opportunities to trade and co-ordinate any mitigating activity tracking as and when necessary
- Be at the forefront of decision support by being the “eyes and ears” of the divisional financials.
- Identify opportunities for revenue maximisation (including processes for recognition and control of barter and vendor commissions)
- Identify and embed cost control measures that facilitate OP maximisation.
Forecasting & Reporting Systems
- Oversee stability in the TM1 (the enterprise planning software that Connect relies on to implement collaborative planning, budgeting, forecasting and reporting solutions).
- Specialise in understanding Connect SAP structure, profit centres/PFCs, hierarchies and the flow of data between SAP FC, SAP ECC, Hyperion and any upstream systems (such as SFDC and Infront). Translate that specialism into continuous TM1 development.
- Oversee the integration of businesses (through acquisition and portfolio change). Onboarding them into TM1 processes as efficiently as possible.
- Sponsor developments to TM1 that improve transparency and functionality to both the finance team and the wider business.
- Ensure that the business is engaged and trained in collaboratively contributing to the forecasting process through TM1.
- Establish relationships and work effectively with the SSCs (R2R, O2C, P2P) and SteerCos to understand end to end data flow and processes.
- Be adapt in with leading or participating in project management with various stakeholders within the Inform Group.
- Lead a Reporting Manager and Data Analyst to best deliver and configure forecasting and reporting requirements.
Key Monthly Deliverables
- Exec Summary Profit and Loss
- P&L by Vertical (Detail)
- Lead the Monthly Management Account Close process
- Connect Monthly Management Pack (Divisional Deliverable)
- Connect Monthly Trading Review Materials (Divisional Deliverable)
- Readily available and ad-hoc delivery of Reporting Schedules
Minimum Education Level:
- Professional Finance Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
Background Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 5 years+ PQE
- Experience across multiple ERPs (including SAP and Oracle)
- Project Management capabilities (particularly in reference to enhancing reporting solutions and integration of new financial data)
- Analytical and inquisitive in nature
- Detail oriented
- Good at managing internal stakeholders
- Strong communicator
- Highly skilled in using Excel and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail