The Legal Team sits within the Global Support division of Informa.
The Legal Team is highly respected and a valued business partner to the Informa Group. It has lawyers based principally in North America, the UK and Asia and has a mixture of leaders and experts in subject areas (such as Intellectual Property, Data Protection, Mergers & Acquisitions, Employment) and geographies, providing global advice in a timely and often business critical environment.
The Team has played a pivotal role to the Group’s recent growth and strong financial results, assisting the business with its acquisition strategy, supporting the successful execution of numerous transactions that have grown the company from a market capitalisation of around £2.7bn at the start of 2014 to over £9bn today. This is in addition to assisting the Group with its recent significant investment in new platforms, systems and product launches alongside BAU activities; together this has resulted in the Group climbing quickly from a FTSE 250 company to a company today within the top 50 companies of the FTSE100 with significant global operations in a number of markets and regions. The Legal Team were integral to two recent significant transactions; the £4 billion acquisition of UBM plc and the £1.2 billion acquisition of Penton Information Services.
In 2017, the Team’s recent successes were externally recognised winning Legal Weeks “In-house TMT Team of the Year” award.
The Team is currently recruiting a paralegal to assist with a variety of matters.
This role will be based in Informa’s London head office.
This role is expected to assume the following key responsibilities:
- Summarising, checking, drafting and negotiating customer and supplier contracts, NDAs
- Supporting on acquisitions and disposals (e.g. due diligence and acqusition agreements for smaller transactions)
- Conducting legal research on a variety of legal issues
- Assisting the Team with maintaining its trademark portfolio and general brand protection policy
- Assisting in the implementation of Informa company policies relating to risk and compliance matters (in particular GDPR)
- Assisting with disputes and in particular drafting cease and desist letters and letters before action
- Generally assisting colleagues in the Legal Team with day-to-day queries
- Maintaining detailed records of advice given
- Assisting with development and delivery of staff training on legal topics
- Working with members of the Team to audit, update and modify standard template contracts as and when needed
- Working in a collaborative manner to ensure all objectives (both personal and those of the Legal Team) are met in full and on time
- Responding to work requests in an organised, timely and prioritised manner
The ideal applicant will preferably need to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, abilities and qualifications:
Skills & Abilities
- Innovative and enthusiastic approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills and commercial awareness
- Able to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written English communication skills (additional language a bonus)
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to manage own time and work to deadlines
- Ability to communicate with non-legally trained colleagues and explain legal principles/advice clearly
- Able to work autonomously at times and demonstrate the ability to self-motivate
- Calm under pressure, maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident manner
- Good working knowledge of general UK legal terminology and principles
- Good working knowledge of UK contract law
University Graduate with Degree, minimum 2.1 classification from a leading university
Informa – About Us