We are seeking a Principal Analyst in our Enterprise Services team to focus on the enterprise ICT services market. The ideal candidate would be expected to be conversant in a range of ICT services, with a particular emphasis on managed cloud, managed connectivity, managed security and workspace (collaboration) services. The successful candidate would be expected to bring Asia regional expertise and customer awareness to the role, and to support our commercial efforts in the region. We are looking for someone who is able to support Ovum’s global client base, including bespoke consulting, as well as our large and expanding events business.
This position reports to the Network Transformation and Cloud practice leader in Boston, so a motivated self-starter with initiative is required. Client interaction is a core part of the job, and the position may require up to 25% international travel.
- Develop and undertake research and write analysis that gives our clients unique insight into, and opinion on, emerging opportunities across a range of connected ICT services. We would prefer a candidate who is fluent in a range of B2B service provider topics such as managed cloud and connectivity, workspace (collaboration and communications), security and other growing B2B services.
- Present confidently in front of client audiences, from sales and marketing staff to senior executives within service providers, systems integrators, equipment and software vendors and user organisations.
- Support consultancy projects in your area of expertise, and potentially in related areas. This would include delivering consultancy assignments, in partnership with the Ovum Consulting team, on behalf of our clients.
- Take a pivotal role in helping to grow client relationships by confidently supporting our commercial teams in meetings with existing and potential customers through your subject matter and industry expertise.
- Support relevant Ovum and Informa events, including those in the Asia Pacific region, through speaking engagements and client engagement during events.
- Maintain and grow your network of senior industry executives, further building your own footprint, and Ovum’s, in Asia-Pacific.
To succeed, you will need:
- Good writing skills: You must write well. You will be comfortable writing both short, highly opinionated pieces, and longer, more discursive analyses. You will structure complex threads of argument and explain implications and opportunities in simple terms.
- Industry knowledge: You must have an understanding how service providers work. This may include business models and technologies used for cloud computing, networks, managed services, workspace services, security, and/or providers’ internal IT/support operations. An ideal candidate may also have experience how enterprises work with service provider partners.
- Intellectual excellence: Successful candidates will have a strong track record of academic, commercial or otherwise influential achievement in their chosen domain. At a minimum, you will be educated to bachelor’s degree level and ideally will have completed post-graduate studies.
- Experience: Candidates should have at least five years (senior analyst) or ten years (principal analyst) of experience in the ICT industry, either working for suppliers, consultants or within an analyst house.
- Numeracy: You will be responsible for building and maintaining market models and forecasts, and interrogating primary research data, covering enterprise services. Ideally, you will have experience in building models based on primary research data and market demographics. Good Excel skills are needed.
- Strong team working skills: Candidates will be part of a team of analysts with joint responsibility for developing our research. You will frequently lead or work as part of a team on both analysis and consulting projects.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are keen to learn more about the role.
Thank you for applying. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all applicants who match the criteria of the job description will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin