Strategic Account Manager- Business Intelligence | New York, New York
It is an exciting time to join Informa! We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to customers and prospects worldwide.
To support our growth plans for 2020, Informa Business Intelligence is looking for an ambitious Strategic Account Manager to join our global business in New York, New York. Our Account Managers are responsible for working with and growing a defined set our clients in the Pharmaceutical industry.
This is an excellent opportunity with unlimited earning potential for a driven, tenacious, intelligent, articulate Self-starters, who enjoy both cultivating client relationships and uncovering new sales, as well as working for an organization with excellent and varied career development opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Own and grow a distinct client base of approx. 15 Global accounts (US HQ) within the Pharma and CRO space
- Build and foster relationships to maintain current book of business, with annual uplift
- Proactive hunting to sell new solutions to existing clients as well as other departments within their business who do not yet subscribe to our services
- Proficient in scoping custom/consulting deliverables and working as a unit with consulting team from point of inception to deliverables and beyond
- Account Strategist - Strategically map out and plan your approach to grow each account (Including Company size & Revenue; Their mission & Strategy; SWOT Analysis; Org Chart; Contact details & relationships; Current Services; Potential for Growth; Strategy for Growth and Implementation Schedule)
- Be responsible for the full cycle of planning execution, leveraging support teams to help you
- Meet your clients when appropriate. Connect with them on social media and be in regular contact with them by phone
- Organize customer visits efficiently
- Master knowledge of our Business Intelligence product suite (subscriptions, one-time products, and consulting), our competitors & clients to provide excellent service & maximize sales.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with strategic business leaders
- Build and manage a robust pipeline and prepare accurate sales forecasts, new growth ideas and contingency plans
- Meet required KPIs and ensure your activity meets or exceeds Informa standards and expectations
- Continually improve your product and industry knowledge to ensure the best support can be offered to your customers and colleagues
- Contribute fully to the objectives of your division and achieve the personal objectives set by your manager
- Be expected to collaborate with colleagues of all levels proactively, positively and professionally
- Provide feedback from customer training sessions / meetings – share with colleagues and ‘manage up’
- Maintain high customer satisfaction for all Informa services, functions and experiences
- Frequent travel: 40% of your time will be spent with your clients
What you will need to succeed:
- At least 4 years of experience in both B2B sales and account management
- A proven track record of having successfully and consistently won new business contracts
- Healthcare/drug development/pharmaceutical industry-related work experience or experience directly selling clinical research market would be advantageous
- Experience selling technology solutions within the clinic would be advantageous
- Exposure selling API and Informatics solutions would be advantageous
- Account Management experience up-selling & cross-selling directly to senior decision-makers
- Strong networking and rapport building ability
- Proven ability to successfully conduct business with clients in person
- Accountability, Positivity & Integrity
- To be a dynamic self-starter, solution focused and a creative thinker
- Ability to present complex ideas & products simply, so they resonate with your audience
- Ability to present to different audiences / personas in their own ‘language’
- Ability to identify client challenges, and develop creative solutions in close collaboration with colleagues and clients to maximize product potential
- Strong organizational skills set priorities and be flexible in changing, fast-paced, and high-stress environment
- Highly developed business acumen and the ability to understand the wider issues of the industry
- Effective use of Salesforce.com to detail contact and progress on each account
- Excellent, communication, presentation, listening, negotiation and closing skills
Informa’s Business Intelligence (BI) division provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
BI has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within six core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Transportation, Industry and Infrastructure and Agribusiness & Commodities.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days and 9 company holidays
- Time off to volunteer!
- Paid parental leave