PR Specialist | San Francisco, CA, Oak Brook, IL, or New York, NY
Informa’s Technology Group is seeking an enthusiastic Public Relations Specialist to join our growing tradeshow communications team. The PR specialist is part of a three-person team that manages all facets of event public relations for 10+ tradeshows annually. The event portfolio spans Information Security, Enterprise IT, Enterprise Communications, IT Service & Support and Game and Application Developers.
- Assist in developing strategic PR plans across multiple events.
- Write press releases, talking points, FAQs and other event collateral as needed.
- Proactively pitch business press/analysts/bloggers/influencers, securing pre and post event coverage.
- Manage press lists, media registration and coordinate media interviews.
- Work with event operations teams to set up media registration sites and coordinate logistics for onsite media centers.
- Maintain PR-specific pages on event websites.
- Attend weekly team meetings, helping to deliver PR results and updates.
- Manage exhibitor PR programs including distribution of press lists, press kits, exhibitor announcements and interview coordination.
- Create post event coverage reports and share insights and learnings with team.
- Work with event marketing teams to share coverage via social media.
- Stay abreast of industry news and trends while building media relationships.
- 2-3 years of experience in technology PR or tradeshow communications. Remote work is a plus.
- Degree in communications, journalism or related field.
- Media relations experience as well as experience crafting and writing press materials.
- Excellent writing, editing and time management skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Team player with a positive attitude and a passion for technology.
- Solid ability to build relationships both internally and externally.
- Some travel required – up to 15% of the time.