Taylor & Francis Group, a leading international academic publisher, now have a vacancy for one Assistant Editor, Journals Peer Review post within the Journals division on a full-time basis within the Delhi office.
Working under the supervision of the Managing Editor, Journals Peer Review and in concert with the UK-based Global Peer Review team, the Assistant Editor, Journals Peer Review operates originality checking software and prepares reports based on the results for articles across all subject areas.
• Perform top-level analysis of originality results and prepare reports on the results for appropriate parties
• Checking author-generated data entries and electronic files of manuscripts before transfer to the Production department
• Prepare reports, collating and analysing statistics in relation to submission numbers, processing times and outcomes
• Liaise with the global team to ensure effective management and support of online systems
• Troubleshoot problems with online systems,
• Take, prepare and distribute team meeting minutes.
• Provide appropriate cover in the Senior Editor's absence
• Deal with correspondence and routine enquiries, ensuring these are directed to appropriate departments or resources.
The successful candidate will ideally have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Word and Excel. They will be familiar with the academic environment, hold a university degree, and have a basic understanding of the concept of peer review and its importance within academic journals publishing.
The successful applicant should be willing to learn, able to adapt and prioritise their workload, able to work under pressure and embrace new systems and technology. Strong written and verbal communication skills are important within this role as is the ability to work to deadlines. A basic awareness of online submissions and manuscript tracking systems and how they support the peer review process would be desirable though is not essential. Full training will be given.
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer-reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Taylor & Francis is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.