Fertecon, part of the Agribusiness intelligence division at Informa, is seeking an experienced analyst or consultant to head up its ammonia research. The successful candidate will be a key player in Fertecon, holding direct responsibility for the analysis, serving as a thought leader and brand ambassador at events and with our clients, and providing direction and support to the commercial teams.
This is a rare opportunity to join Fertecon, a growing, reputable and influential provider of market information and analysis on fertilizers. A specialism in ammonia or across nitrogen is highly desired but we will consider all relevant fertilizer product experience. Experience leading a team is desirable.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain the production of Fertecon’s flagship quarterly publication - the Ammonia Outlook.
- Analyse and prepare long-term forecasts (10 years and beyond) on price, supply, demand and trade in the Ammonia market;
- Work with all our long-term analysts and current information teams to maintain existing ammonia models/databases in the context of all our models/database;
- Take part in consultancy projects and produce single and multi-client studies as required (we are open to varying proportions of Consulting work based on candidate’s experience and desire);
- Attend international fertilizer conferences and client meetings to discuss market developments and present a professional and positive impression of Fertecon to the industry;
- Present analysis and papers on the ammonia/fertilizer markets to industry and financial sectors at events and through webinars;
- Provide guidance to the sales, marketing and customer success teams with prospects and subscribers;
- Oversight of the production of the monthly publication – Ammonia Futures;
- Support the production and development of the websites and data platforms
What we are looking for :
- Degree level qualification or equivalent is essential;
- Outstanding English language writing and speaking skills;
- Fluent in one additional language to English (Chinese, Russian or Hindi/Urdu)
- At least 5 years’ experience of the ammonia or wider nitrogen commodity markets. This should include experience of analysis across ammonia price, supply, demand, cost and shipment forecasting and modelling
- First class primary research skills, with an inquisitive mind and approachable manner with contacts;
- Well-honed secondary research skills and the ability to uncover unique insights and utilise broad and well-developed analytical skills;
- A desire to develop yourself, colleagues and wider team to produce the best results
- Superior organizational skills including time management; the ability to plan and deliver quarterly products or multi-staged projects on-time and to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines;
- The confidence to put forward your position within your analysis and apply your knowledge and experience in an advisory or consulting capacity with clients;
- Experience in attending, covering and speaking at international conferences; speaking on live webinars and when visiting client offices;
- Interaction with commercial teams and support of client calls;
- Experience in contributing to the collaborative development of new products and templates.
- Experience of strategy/ analysis at an energy company
Please note this role is based in London. To apply for this fantastic opportunity and develop your career within an industry-leading global brand, please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your suitability.
Closing date for applications: Friday 3 April 2019