Fertecon, part of the Agribusiness intelligence division at Informa, is seeking an experienced analyst or consultant to head up its ammonia research. The successful candidate will be a key player in Fertecon, holding direct responsibility for the analysis, serving as a thought leader and brand ambassador at events and with our clients, and providing direction and support to the commercial teams.
This is a rare opportunity to join Fertecon, a growing, reputable and influential provider of market information and analysis on fertilizers. A specialism in ammonia or across nitrogen is highly desired but we will consider all relevant fertilizer product experience. Experience leading a team is desirable but we are open to candidates of varying skills and seniorities.
What you'll be doing:
- Maintain the production of Fertecon’s flagship quarterly publication - the Ammonia Outlook.
- Analyse and prepare long-term forecasts (10 years and beyond) on price, supply, demand and trade in the Ammonia market;
- Work with all our long-term analysts and current information teams to maintain existing ammonia models/databases in the context of all our models/database;
- Take part in consultancy projects and produce single and multi-client studies as required (we are open to varying proportions of Consulting work based on candidate’s experience and desire);
- Attend international fertilizer conferences and client meetings to discuss market developments and present a professional and positive impression of Fertecon to the industry;
- Present analysis and papers on the ammonia/fertilizer markets to industry and financial sectors at events and through webinars;
- Provide guidance to the sales, marketing and customer success teams with prospects and subscribers;
- Oversight of the production of the monthly publication – Ammonia Futures;
- Support the production and development of the websites and data platforms
What we are looking for :
- Degree level qualification or equivalent is essential;
- Experience of the ammonia, wide nitrogen or other related fertilizer commodity markets. Knowledge of gas, oil and transport markets an advantage;
- First class primary research skills, with an inquisitive mind and approachable manner with contacts;
- Well-honed secondary research skills and the ability to uncover unique insights and utilise broad and well developed analytical skills;
- A desire to develop yourself, colleagues and wider team to produce the best results
- Superior organizational skills including time management; the ability to plan and deliver quarterly products or multi-staged projects on-time and to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines;
- The confidence to put forward your position within your analysis and apply your knowledge and experience in an advisory or consulting capacity with clients;
- Outstanding English language writing and speaking skills;
- Experience in attending, covering and speaking at international conferences; speaking on live webinars and when visiting client offices;
- Interaction with commercial teams and support of client calls;
- Experience in contributing to the collaborative development of new products and templates.
- Advanced PC skills, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and experience with other web and data platforms
Please note this role is based in London but could be based in our US, Asia or Brazil offices and/or be open to home-workers. To apply for this fantastic opportunity and develop your career within an industry-leading global brand, please send your CV and a covering letter highlighting your suitability.