Account Growth Specialist, Informa Business Intelligence-Pharma | New York, NY or US Remote
We currently have a newly created opportunity for an ambitious Account Growth Specialist to partner with our sales team to promote our solutions to the Pharmaceutical Industry. This new role has been designed to execute our go-to market strategy to ensure maximum awareness and revenue generation within our target customers.
The Account Growth Specialist will be accountable for assisting the sales team in identifying, qualifying and pursuing new business opportunities. The specialist will be responsible for training and developing their sales partners to identify upsell opportunities, by persona, within their accounts.
In addition, the Account Growth Specialist will:
- Partner with the team to drive new business growth for a product within a specific region by providing deep product and customer expertise and assisting the sales team in identifying, qualifying and closing opportunities.
- Be the “go to” person for the area of product expertise
- Equip sales team with appropriate outreach messaging and collateral, potentially using account-based marketing, to generate more opportunities for their assigned product suite
- Train and develop sales team to identify upsell opportunities where a product can provide additional value to specific personas
- Align sales strategy to whitespace analysis and gaps within current customer holdings
- Maintain and develop wide-ranging relationship within this portfolio of customers and prospects—understanding their needs
- Build strong internal relationships with product management; product specialists; consulting; marketing; editorial and client services to ensure customer feedback is received and captioned
- Have a knack for determining the market’s willingness to pay for new products and continued development
- Stay up to date with industry trends, customer pain points and competitive intelligence
- Work with product management to define customer use cases and workflow solutions
- Represent Informa Pharma Intelligence at relevant industry conferences
- Use SalesForce as an activity planning tool and to capture all client related activity
- 3-5 years related experience
- Degree (BA level) equivalent or higher in a Life Sciences discipline or MBA
- Highly competent with a strong track record for demonstrating solutions to technical savvy clients at Pharmaceutical & Biotech customers
- A self-starter with the ability to work using own initiative, who is also able to coordinate as a team player and help drive revenue
- Ability to drive productivity and maximize sales effectiveness
- Highly effective presentation skills (sales, product or customer engagement)
- Sales experience; demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Understanding of customer’s decision-making process, goals, objectives and strategies; business and financial acumen
- Well organized and disciplined team player
- Good time management skills to plan and prioritize workload and demands
- Ability to develop strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills, especially in listening and speaking
- Experience with CRM and opportunity management systems, preferably Salesforce.com
- Business travel expected
Who we are:
Relying on us to deliver vital advantage when making critical R&D and commercial decisions, our customers come from over 3000 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, contract research organizations (CROs), medical technology, biotechnology and healthcare service providers, including the top 10 global pharma and CROs. From drug and device discovery and development to regulatory approval, and from product launch to lifecycle management, we provide the intelligence and insight to help our customers seize opportunities, mitigate risk and make business-critical decisions, faster. As the pharma and healthcare sector faces unparalleled upheaval, customers rely on our independent advice, enabling them to cut through the clutter and make sense of changing drug development, regulatory and competitive landscapes.
Informa’s Business Intelligence (BI) division provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
BI has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within six core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Transportation, Industry and Infrastructure and Agribusiness & Commodities.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days