Account Manager- Ovum | San Francisco, CA
It is an exciting time to join Informa! We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to customers and prospects worldwide.
To support our growth plans for 2019, Ovum is looking for an ambitious Account Manager to join our global business in San Francisco. You will join a market-leading data, research and consulting business focused on helping digital services providers and their partners thrive in the connected digital economy.
Our Account Managers are responsible for managing the sales of a set of products and services from our Ovum brand to a defined set of clients. This is an excellent opportunity with unlimited earning potential for a driven, tenacious, intelligent, articulate and ambitious intuitive Account Manager who not only enjoys cultivating client relationships and discovering new sales opportunities but is also looking to join an organization with fantastic career development opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Manage and develop your client base through renewing established business, as well as finding new business opportunities
- Develop your understanding of your Business Intelligence product set (subscriptions, one-time products, consulting and/or marketing services), our competitors and clients to provide excellent service and to maximize sales.
- Serve as a client expert responsible for understanding key facets of a client’s business including their strategy, organizational structure, performance, leadership team and business needs
- Establish productive, professional relationships with strategic business leaders across an assigned client list
- Build and manage a robust pipeline and prepare accurate sales forecasts, new growth ideas and contingency plans
- Meet required KPIs and ensure your activity meets or exceeds Informa standards and expectations
- Continually improve your product and industry knowledge to ensure the best support can be offered to your customers and colleagues
- Contribute fully to the objectives of your division and achieve the personal objectives set by your manager
What you will need to succeed:
- At least 3 years of experience in B2B sales and account management
- Previous account management experience in selling directly to senior decision-makers
- Ability to manage and execute complex, consultative and value-based sales cycles
- Ability to identify client challenges, and develop creative solutions in close collaboration with colleagues and clients to maximize product potential
- Proven success in a sales role dealing with senior management in multi-national companies would be an advantage
- Highly developed business acumen and the ability to understand the wider issues of the industry
- Strong presentation, communication, negotiation and closing skills
- Good attention to detail including the regular use of the company CRM tool
Our customers benefit from the global insight and intelligence we offer on connectivity & communications, entertainment (video, music and gaming), finance & payments and ICT services across both consumer and enterprise markets. We also track the market for ICT architectures, technologies and products that support their production, distribution and consumption. In addition, our business-critical insight into the historical and future size and growth of digital services and the demand, business and technology drivers and disruptors at play helps customers to manage risk and seize opportunities. We also enable enterprise ICT decision-makers to maximize their investment in digital transformation.
Informa’s Business Intelligence (BI) division provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment.
BI has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within six core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Transportation, Industry and Infrastructure and Agribusiness & Commodities.
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
What makes Informa different:
- Access to a global community of colleagues, brands and opportunities
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Generous vacation days, 9 company holidays and time off to volunteer!
- Work- Life Balance
- Paid parental leave
- Volunteer days