UBM has been part of Informa PLC, a leading business-to-business information services Group, since June 2018. We’re the world’s largest events and exhibitions organiser, working across more than 30 countries and serving dozens of specialist professional communities. Come join us!
This is an inital 10 month contract with a possibility of becoming permanent after.
Routes is part of Informa, a global media, publishing and events company. Routes serves the global route development industry, uniting decision makers from the world’s airlines, airports, destinations and suppliers to negotiate air service through market-leading and award-winning events media and digital platforms.
The Airline Relations Executive position is an important role, helping maintain the current standards and retain and strengthen Routes position as the industry leader in network planning. The position will focus on account management within the Africa region, database management, reporting & analysis and supporting the wider Airline Relations team.
The position requires an account manager with strong administrative and analytical skills, good attention to detail and experience working with both CRM systems and Excel.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Routes is a complex and global business and the Airline Executive position will require someone with a keen eye for detail and strong analytical skills.
Responsibilities will include:
• Account management of carriers throughout Africa
• Develop airline participation throughout Africa at Routes events and Routesonline
• Identify key decision makers from airlines within the African continent
• Assist Airline Relations team in developing a comprehensive GAP Analysis
• Perform data analysis to help feed into team meetings and weekly reports
• To manage hotel booking system and ensure all delegate rooms are successfully arranged
• To maintain and develop airline database using internal CRM system
• To update Routesonline profiles
• Ensure smooth running of Request for Proposal process with continued dialogue between both the airline and participating airports
• Keep on Board – Input all KOB into Internal CRM system
• Ensure travel and accommodation is arranged for all participating delegates on the hosts c-level program
• Diary Management – Help finalise meeting diaries and ensure airlines are satisfied with pre-arranged diary
• Update internal tracking system and pipeline
• Able to react positively to organisational and market changes
• Ideally an outward facing individual this person needs to be able to communicate and engage with
• Able to sustain performance under pressure
• Be able to work independently
• Excellent communicator and team player with the confidence to assess and take appropriate risks
• Be able to plan, organise self and meet agreed work deadlines
• High attention to detail
Other Preferred Attributes:
Other attributes relevant to the role include: