Positions available for Reviewer Selection Editors, Journals Peer Review, Taylor & Francis Group, New Delhi.
As a leading international academic publisher, we are reshaping our journal business as the hub of a worldwide Research Network. Our people are driven to create and strengthen connections all over the world.
We are currently seeking Reviewer Selection Editors to join our Reviewer Selection team in our office in Delhi.
We are looking for ambitious publishing professionals with backgrounds in academic research to join a new team supporting the peer review process. We seek highly motivated applicants who enjoy keeping up to date with the latest in biomedical research, are detail-oriented, have great customer service skills and enjoy working as part a team.
As Reviewer Selection Editor you will be accountable for efficient peer review administration procedures through online peer review systems, using tools such as PubMed Central to research international experts suitable to act as peer reviewers for cutting edge biomedical research. Reporting to the Reviewer Selection Lead, the successful candidates will join our growing team of Reviewer Selection Editors.
What you will be doing:
• Managing the peer review process to agreed speed and quality targets for journals
• Using internal and external databases to research and select appropriate reviewers
• Staying up to date with internal and external guidelines on ethical publication practices
• Corresponding with reviewers regarding deadlines and standard queries
• Conducting data analysis, recognizing process improvement opportunities and making recommendations
• Maintaining accurate records and updating content management systems
• Daily liaison with our internationally-based editorial teams
• Managing external stakeholders’ expectations.
• Providing excellent and empathic customer service.
• Assisting on department projects as required.
What we are looking for:
• A postgraduate qualification in biomedical sciences
• Knowledge and understanding of the process of journals peer review process
• An interest and awareness in academic publishing, and an up to date knowledge of market trends
• A strong command of English spelling and grammar
• Knowledge and experience of process-driven workflows
• Experience of working in a customer-facing role
• Ability to be detail-oriented, accurate, and a problem-solver
• Excellent organization skills and confidence in completing multiple tasks to deadlines
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills and a desire to provide to excellent customer service
• The ability to recognize process improvement opportunities
• Good persuasion and influencing skills, showing empathy for others’ viewpoints
• Have flexibility to adjust to change in works plans or assignments
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office software
Some experience with online submission platforms like ScholarOne Manuscripts™ or Editorial Manager™ would be advantageous, although full training is available.
These positions are based at our office in New Delhi, India.