Taylor & Francis Group is looking for an enthusiastic, career-oriented Senior Editorial Assistant. Reporting to the Editor, the Senior Editorial Assistant has overall responsibility for their allocated list or lists and will be delegating work to other team members accordingly. They will provide support in all phases of the book publication process, from the conceptual stage through to publication in order to achieve the agreed targets for the list. We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic candidate with excellent organisational skills, strong attention to detail and a genuine interest in learning new publishing and business skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading or co-leading a team of 4-7 Editorial Assistants to ensure workloads are balanced and approach is consistent
- Supporting the editor(s) or publisher(s) they report to in achieving the agreed revenue and profitability targets for their list(s)
- Acting as consultant within Editorial Assistant team for one or more of the agreed specialisms, and liaising across ‘communities’ to ensure these are applied consistently
- Performing Editorial Assistant tasks as required, including managing and delivering the agreed handover targets for the list/editor
- Liaising with key stakeholders, both internal and external
What we’re looking for:
- Highly organised, with strong prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently, calmly and to a high standard under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate sensitively and professionally
- Team player with a flexible, positive approach to helping others, and an enthusiasm for learning
- Ability to motivate and guide others
- Ability to take the initiative to anticipate and resolve problems
We offer opportunities for self-growth and collaboration. Partner with us if you share our interest in developing relationships and creating value to contribute towards sustainable growth. With 39 days of holiday and a comprehensive benefits package, join us and be a part of an enriching journey.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.