Senior Consultant – Agribusiness Consulting | Memphis, TN
Informa’s Agribusiness Consulting group, a world agribusiness research and consulting leader that covers the food supply chain from inputs to retail globally, is seeking a Consultant to join its team in Memphis, TN or Washington D.C. We are also open to remote employees.
The consultant will be part of a talented and exciting global team of specialists and consultants. In this position they will also have frequent contact with the client and under guidance of senior team members will conduct interesting and challenging projects. This position will also have a unique opportunity to interact with analysts, data specialist and market analysts in other areas of the Agribusiness Consulting team.
The Consultant will have the opportunity for project management and execution, directing multiple projects. They will ensure analytical quality is met as well as project milestones and timelines. In this role the Consultant will conduct extensive primary and secondary research and develop original content and/ or analytical approaches.
In this role the senior consultant will have extensive contact with clients and will play a role in developing the relationship with existing clients as well as developing new client relationships. In this regard, the senior consultant will interact with other members of the global project team, vertical sales and marketing professionals as well as senior management.
- Lead multiple projects, directing several project teams that may include consultants and executives,
- Ensure projects meet the required quality and analytical depth and are completed on time
- Obtain primary and secondary information, working with databases, conducting quantitative analysis, developing and writing findings, formulating advice for businesses, government agencies and trade associations and interacting/presenting projects to clients.
- Analyze information by using economic, financial, statistical/econometric, business strategy principles and methods (e.g., financial statement analyses, price forecasting)
- Develop original content and/or analytical approaches
- Synthesize research findings to effectively communicate this research, findings and conclusions to clients
- Contribute to proposal submissions and business development opportunities
- Support VPs and SVP to develop new business leads and interact with potential clients
- Masters, MBA or PhD in business, economics, agricultural economics or a related field and work experience of 3 plus years
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to expand knowledge base to multiple markets, analytical tools and topical areas
- Strong communication skills including writing and oral presentation capabilities
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and other software used within the group
- Ability to manage consulting research projects and a team of analysts
- Knowledge of agriculture or food markets, economic research and consulting is preferred but not required
- Highly self-motivated and strong work ethic to work
- Ability to work as part of a global team
- Ability to handle lead multiple projects and priorities
- Flexible to analyze a wide range of issues in a timely manner
- Comfortable with tight deadlines and changing work flow
Who We Are
Our customers rely on us as the go-to provider of news, data, analysis and forecasts across the agricultural and commodities value chain. Delivering a critical information advantage in a fast paced and volatile industry, we help the world’s largest and most influential agribusiness organisations work faster and smarter. Through a combination of highly respected insight and data, forecasting and analysis, focused one-off reports, events and bespoke consultancy, we help our customers understand the global agribusiness supply chain. We also provide the timely, actionable intelligence they need to make business-critical decisions with confidence, whether to mitigate risk or identify new opportunities.