Business Development Executive- Agribusiness Intelligence | Chicago, IL
IEG Vantage, part of Agribusiness Intelligence, is a world leader in commodity, food industry, agribusiness, transportation, energy research and consulting. This is an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Representative to join our successful team.
As a Business Development Representative, you will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. The ideal candidate is a persistent and creative individual who will connect with Business to Business (B2B) prospects to uncover and develop leads in response to marketing initiatives or personal prospecting. You will work closely with marketing, sales, and product management teams to achieve established leads goals and implement business development initiatives that maximize and grow the Agribusiness Intelligence footprint and generate bottom line revenue for the company. This is an amazing opportunity to jump start your sales career in the exciting commodities market!
In this role you will:
- Drive subscription sales of assigned products to new corporate and SME accounts
- Meet and exceed monthly revenue targets by proactively sourcing prospects, opening and closing new business
- Cold call new prospects within sector, positioning a range of vertical solutions to support their investment decisions
- Target lapsed and cancelled renewals post-expiry for win back opportunities
- Contribute fully to the objectives of your Division and achieve the personal objectives set by your manager
- Establish a good base understanding of at least 4 products in portfolio
- Create and win sales opportunities by networking, building relationships, establishing needs, conducting online demonstrations and closing deals
- Understand and be able to clearly articulate your vertical’s value proposition to clients
- Consistently meet and periodically exceed personal monthly sales revenue targets
- Identify new revenue opportunities
- Ensure accurate customer and opportunity data is held within our CRM, Salesforce, entering accurate and timely information regarding conversations, needs and reasons to purchase
- Add and maintain details of pipeline opportunities for on-going review
- Deliver against metrics by meeting required levels of client activity on a daily basis including time on phone, pitches and online demonstrations, and offers
- There is no travel required for this position although progression within the business will open up opportunities for travel in the future
What you'll need to succeed:
- Ability to execute a solid call structure; high volume of daily phone calls to meet goals
- Enthusiasm, work ethic, confidence
- Ability to build solid internal relationships
- Ability to articulate complex solutions in a simple and coherent manner
- Strong presentation, communication, negotiation, and closing skills
- Self-critical and capable of handling rejection
- Highly competitive and results-driven
We’d be really impressed if you have:
- Experience with proactive B2B telephone sales
- Relevant industry knowledge or experience
- Basic sales skills such-as opening, probing, benefit selling and closing
- Experience of operating Salesforce.com or an alternative Sales CRM
Who we are:
IEG Vantage is your single source for all agribusiness information, from wheat and rice, to energy and weather. It’s a uniquely comprehensive view of the agriculture market and the ripple effects each agricultural commodity has on the value chain.
Informa’s Business Intelligence division provides specialist data, intelligence and insight to our customers, helping them make better decisions, gain competitive advantage and enhance return on investment. BI has a valuable portfolio of digital subscription products, providing business critical intelligence to global, regional and niche communities within six core industry sectors: Pharma & Healthcare; Finance; Telecoms, Media & Technology; Maritime & Law; Industry & Infrastructure and Agribusiness & Commodities.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.