This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most successful sales teams in the KNect 365 business, working on the industry leading Telco Core Networks event series, including flag ship events, Edge World Congress, and TDA World Series.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the BDM / BDE will be part of a team responsible for delivery of £6.2m+ of sponsorship and exhibitions revenue across 30 market leading international events.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the Sponsorship and Exhibition sales on one of KNECT 365’s most established, and biggest growth portfolio’s. The role will be centred on account managing a set of spending accounts, and a new business split across 2 of the highest performing revenue events in the series, (Telco Data Analytics Europe and the Edge Computing Congress). The role will also enable the successful candidate to manage the same account territory for the Asia and US markets as well as additional Telco Core Networks shows. As one of the longest serving telecoms portfolio’s in the business, this is a high profile role with exposure to some of the largest key accounts in the business.
Running in APAC, Europe and the US, the events bring together between 100-6000 attendees and vary in size from 10-70 exhibition stands. The events are forecast to expand rapidly across each region.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced and very well organised BDE/ BDM to help this top performing team into the next phase of growth by contributing significant personal sales. A commercially minded individual, the successful candidate will have significant input into the future direction of the Series.
- To secure sponsorship and exhibition revenues in line with Portfolio needs and personal targets, building a strong forecasted pipeline of opportunities
- Generating new business, qualifying strategic selling opportunities and target market/clients
- Growing existing client relationships, identifying opportunities to cross/up-sell
- Developing a consultative sales approach, providing insightful advice and innovative solutions
- Producing quality proposals and contracts to aid the sales process
- Liaising effectively with internal Marketing/Ops/Production teams
- Building a thorough understanding of TMT market, clients and competitors
- Updating Salesforce, maximising system integrity and output
- Attending key KNect365 and competitor events
- 1 – 2 years SpEx / Media / b2b / Telesales / industry relevant sales experience
- Making high volume outbound calls, engaging with senior decision makers
- Working with complex briefs in a highly pressurised environment
- Generating leads, winning new business and developing client accounts
- Converting new business with high calibre and insightful proposals
Personal Attributes & behaviours
- Motivated by a target and quota driven environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and persuade both with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for continued learning and development around sales process and long term goals
- Recognises the need for, and displays commitment to, developing a well-rounded knowledge of the KNect365 product, client base, and competitor landscape